PDA

View Full Version : 17", 18", & 20" Billet SSIII wheel update

Gary Willard
06-07-2008, 11:51 AM
At last.....the production of the first full set of wheels is under way!!!!

As things stand right now, this first production set of wheels is slated to be on display at the 2008 Oldsmobile Club of America Nationals, www.motorcityrockets.com/2008oldsnats.htm (http://www.motorcityrockets.com/2008oldsnats.htm), being held July 31th thru August 3rd. The wheels will be tucked under Luke Krooswyk's modified 83' Hurst Olds. If they get completed in time, they'll be showing up at the parking lot around 4ish in the afternoon on 7/31/2008, on display that evening, all day Friday for the judging, and on their way back home with me Saturday afternoon. If you want to see them, look us up!

I've made a minor update to my website regarding their progress, but will make a more thorough update in a couple of weeks, giving more detail as to the vendor helping me, and other important wheel info at: www.streetsmartclassics.com (http://www.streetsmartclassics.com/)

See ya-
83 H/O #2846 (in slow progress)

Mr Nick
06-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Great to hear the news!

Do you have an estimate on pricing for each size? I'm sure it won't be 'cheap' but probably well worth it. I plan on doing wheels & tires this fall, and these are an option for sure!

Nick

Gary Willard
06-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Hey Nick,
The pricing for a complete wheel and center cap will be in the $1K each range, give or take some $$ for each size. Raw material, machine time, and rim costs will all determine it in the end. I have numbers in mind, but I'm waiting on my machining partner to verify them before I post them all. I've tried extremely hard to get it less than that, and it involved outsourcing the work to China and having it return as a cast center, rather than a machined center. It just wasn't my preference to do so. It's a lot of money I know, and I'm sure you won't see a lot of them around, so I guess you have to weigh how important it is to gas up the tank and eat in comparison to having a kick azz, unique set of wheels on your car!