PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Edelbrock's EFI

Project6T9
02-09-2005, 06:30 PM
I have a 350HO in my truck and was looking at the Edelbrock Pro Flo set up. Anyone have the pros and cons on this? Not alot out there for those heads besides the Ram Jet EFI and the SDPC lower intake to convert to TPI.

daryn67
02-10-2005, 06:26 AM
Ran one on a 70 SG Nova that I built a few years ago. Man did it get some looks at the track. I was running a 383 mildly built and getting into the low 10's. Very easy to tune, although not as adjustable as a laptop controlled computor. It really becomes a jewel if you add an O2 sensor into the picture. I did have to increase injector size to get it to do what I wanted, but other then that it was a simple bolt on.

Daryn

Project6T9
02-11-2005, 01:58 AM
Thanks Daryn, anyone else. This looks like a go! I think it'll be a good addition to my Tremec tranny for my daily driver.

Air Daddy
02-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey 6T9,
I have one of the Edelbrock MPFI's on my 77 silverado and so far I'm pleased with it. Edelbrock has a laptop software package available but the system is still limited on how much you can tweak it.
For my purposes the hand held module works just fine.
I did opt for the Mallory distributor instead of converting my HEI and believe it is worth the $175.
I purchased the Pro-Flo unit about 3 years ago and if I had to do it again I think I would go a different route today.
Not because I think the Pro-Flo is a bad unit but because there are more options available today.
If you buy one I don't think you will be disappointed.

Project6T9
02-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Hey 6T9,
I have one of the Edelbrock MPFI's on my 77 silverado and so far I'm pleased with it. Edelbrock has a laptop software package available but the system is still limited on how much you can tweak it.
For my purposes the hand held module works just fine.
I did opt for the Mallory distributor instead of converting my HEI and believe it is worth the $175.
I purchased the Pro-Flo unit about 3 years ago and if I had to do it again I think I would go a different route today.
Not because I think the Pro-Flo is a bad unit but because there are more options available today.
If you buy one I don't think you will be disappointed.

Can you tell me about it a little bit? How's the cold starts, throttle response and mileage. Any watchouts? Does it make good power? What motor do you have it on sb/bb?

Thanks for the response,

Larry

Air Daddy
02-11-2005, 06:21 PM
It's a sb 355cid.
Nothing real routy inside the motor.
The entire reason I went with EFI was the drivability and ease of cold starting. I like the whole idea of old vehicles with modern technology.
I have had my day with the cold day cold carb rev the engine warm ups. That's OK for the weekend rod but it's a PITA for daily driving.
As far as throttle response, it's a vast improvement over the old worn out carb that was on it. Mileage is still undetermined but I'm sure that will be better than the 10 miles a gallon I was previously getting.
Things to look out for.......hummm......Really not much. It's a very easy install. If you know what size your cam is you may want to call Edelbrock and make sure the Pro-Flo is compatible with the limited computer chip selection they have.