PDA

View Full Version : EGR Valve?

1BadTA
02-09-2005, 11:25 AM
I purchased an FAST LSX intake manifold. It doesn't have the port drilled out for the EGR valve. It says I can drill it out if I need to do so. Do I need to or is there a good procedure on removing the EGR valve?

Nine Ball
02-12-2005, 04:50 AM
Why do you want an EGR valve? The '00 and newer LS1s didn't have them. I'd remove that EGR stuff and just get the code deleted from the computer. Thats what most of us do.

Tony

WS6
02-12-2005, 07:09 PM
egr block off plates can be bought or easily made. just put one on the headers or exhaust manifold and get the code deleted like tony said. theres no reason to run an egr.

1BadTA
02-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Thanks for your help on this. I am almost finished installing my new FAST intake and TB. It seems the sites are down on how to remove the EGR system and AIR pipe. Now with removing the EGR system, I just need to remove the unit and cap off the manifold? That's it? How can I get the code deleted? I have a Hypertech programmer and an ODB II Autoscanner. Can that be done with one of these? Can I just remove the AIR pipe and cap those openings off as well?

MrQuick
02-12-2005, 11:38 PM
I hope your not in Cali?? Did the car come with one originaly?