PDA

View Full Version : Buying/Selling in GA

PTAtlanta
05-30-2008, 04:29 PM
I know older vehicles in Georgia are sold with Bill of Sale (Form T-7) instead of a title. Is there anything else needed? Could a car like that be sold if it wasn't currently registered?

deeboe78
05-30-2008, 05:06 PM
nope thats it. Im from Atl also. Once you get the car registerd with no title you can never get a title for it again. It will be registerd as a "no title" car.
So if you plan on selling later. That might be an issue.

Hope this helps

Thx

SSG D

gmjj13
05-31-2008, 07:37 AM
i purchased my 69 in GA, and just had a bill of sale. no problem registering here in Florida. currently registered and titled in Florida...

PTAtlanta
06-05-2008, 03:00 PM
i purchased my 69 in GA, and just had a bill of sale. no problem registering here in Florida. currently registered and titled in Florida...

I guess that's a way of getting a title back on a no-title car in Georgia. If you have a friend in a state that issues titles on bill of sale cars, sell it to him, title it, then sell it back to yourself ...

Bill Howell
07-31-2008, 04:54 PM
I have gotten a Tennessee title for several Ga cars. All I need is the current Ga. Registration and a bill of sale. Tennessee issues a title for every car it registers.

Quickstreet
09-01-2008, 07:26 AM
I have sold cars to people in Fl, Tn , La & with current registation & Bill of Sale & they have had no problems registering cars & getting title issued in there state.

GregInAtl
09-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Does GA bend you over if you are given a car w/ taxes? I was given a car that I need to reg and tag. I am curious what they will do about sales tax, or other things. It hasn't been tagged in 5 yrs either.....so I will have to pay this year and one other I heard.
Any info appreciated.

Z06killinSBF
09-27-2008, 11:23 PM
I think there is like a $20 late fee. Not sure. I do know that being in the military I get tax exemption forms that keep my regy to $20. NICE!!