PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen Camaro parts from Anvil

hotwheels
05-27-2008, 03:27 PM
I finally have protoype parts to show you guys for 2nd gen Camaro. I mounted them on my car to show how they fit and look. I know it's been a long time coming, but we are finally ready for production. I wanted to get feedback especially on the hood design as well as to see how many people want to buy some parts, so I can ge an idea of how many to make for the first production run.

go to this link to see more images

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc95/anvil_auto/?action=view&current=ce3e893f.pbw

Best, MaTT
ANVil

XTRMEASURES
05-27-2008, 04:25 PM
so all the black parts you built, plus is it fiberglass.

zbugger
05-27-2008, 04:39 PM
so all the black parts you built, plus is it fiberglass.

Yeah, he made them. And they're carbon fiber, not fiberglass.

brownz
05-27-2008, 05:33 PM
I finally have protoype parts to show you guys for 2nd gen Camaro. I mounted them on my car to show how they fit and look. I know it's been a long time coming, but we are finally ready for production. I wanted to get feedback especially on the hood design as well as to see how many people want to buy some parts, so I can ge an idea of how many to make for the first production run.

Best, MaTT
ANVil

Put me down for a trunk and rear filler/ not to put down the hood it looks great just not my taste. are you going to come out with any other hoods soon? if so put me down for all three. :twothumbs

hotwheels
05-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Yes,these parts are carbon fiber on top and fiberglass on the bottom and are way lighter than steel and some fiberglass parts. We will be making a 100% carbon fiber hood, but it will not be cheap. If you've ever put a 1st gen and a 2nd gen hood side by side, the 1st gen looks like it's from an MG and the 2nd gen looks like it's from a Caddy. So, the 2nd gen take a lot more material, but stands to loose the most weight using carbon fiber.

-MaTT
ANVil

David Sloan
05-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi Matt
I like the parts a lot. but iam having trouble warming up to the hood.

hotwheels
05-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Would the bulge on the hood look better as a scoop where it had an opening on the front of it? I am thinking of adding that option too. It would be somewhat akin to a cuda shaker scoop but with larger openings.

-MaTT
ANVil

brownz
05-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Would the bulge on the hood look better as a scoop where it had an opening on the front of it? I am thinking of adding that option too. It would be somewhat akin to a cuda shaker scoop but with larger openings.

-MaTT
ANVil

just looking back to the choices that you have would think that 1,2,5&6 would be great hoods ans #2 would sell the best clean and what ppl want from what i can tell( but its not my buisness to sy whats good or bad) but would think that if you made any of the others they would be sold quick just my 2 cents

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

David Sloan
05-28-2008, 12:44 PM
just looking back to the choices that you have would think that 1,2,5&6 would be great hoods ans #2 would sell the best clean and what ppl want from what i can tell( but its not my buisness to sy whats good or bad) but would think that if you made any of the others they would be sold quick just my 2 cents

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

I have to agree with you! i think you nailed it.
The others are a little to far out of the box for most people's taste.
Just my two cents.

TheMeat
08-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Any update on these parts or the interior pieces for the 2nd gens?

Shiro666
08-25-2008, 08:08 AM
I think the scoop looks GREAT. Any chance of offering the first gen with that scoop? Kinda has an L88 thing going for it.

S'Beautiful man.

79rstech
08-27-2008, 10:54 AM
When is the hood available and how much?:cool:

BA.
08-27-2008, 05:13 PM
I think the hood looks good man, the lines go with the car really well.

If I had a 2nd Gen, I would prefer a hood with an opening on it though. (to either vent, or get air in...either way)

hotwheels
08-31-2008, 07:50 AM
Our 2nd gen Camaro parts are now available to ship imediately!
It will take us awhile to get them up on our website, so if anyone wants to order now they can call our toll free number; 1 888 723-8882.
Hood= $875 CF top/ fiberglass bottom; $1750 100% CF
Trunk= $499 CF top/ fiberglass bottom; $950 100% CF (1st gens are same price & are also now available)
Filler= $225
1 pc. Rear Spoiler= $395

Will have interior parts soon!

We are designing rear facing air extractors that will fit on top of our hood or any 2nd gen hood. We also have some vents for 1st gens that we are working on. Also working on a scoop for this 2nd gen hood that will integrate into the front of the bulge.

Best, MaTT
ANVil

nightrunner
04-19-2009, 06:41 PM
not to piss off anybody who likes the look, but can these parts be painted? what if we want the weight savings of the carbon fiber but not the look?

MuscleRodz
04-19-2009, 06:46 PM
not to piss off anybody who likes the look, but can these parts be painted? what if we want the weight savings of the carbon fiber but not the look?yes, theycan be painted, many do.

hotwheels
04-20-2009, 09:17 PM
You just scuff sand the sureface as you would if you painted over any other painted surface, then clear coat.
Check out Larry's MotiV8r Camaro!