PDA

View Full Version : Product install - Marquez billet tail lights

Larry Callahan
05-26-2008, 07:08 AM
Recently I installed a set of Marquez Design (http://www.marquezdesign.com/) billet tail lights in my '68 Camaro. First off I need to tell everyone how cool these look. The workmanship is top notch and it's a great product. At the same time I also installed the Spaghetti Engineering sequential tail lights but that's another story. The Marquez (http://www.marquezdesign.com/) tail lights can be just as easily installed with the stock lights.

I chose the RS version of the lights despite my car not being an RS. I really like the all red version and decided to add some stock RS reverse lights down the road.

https://www.pro-touring.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=14642

The first thing you will need to do it remove your old housings and unplug the old wires.
https://www.pro-touring.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=14568

Once the housings are out you should clean up your tail panel around them. On my Camaro there was some old gasket material left behind on the passenger side and I found something I wasn't aware of on the driver side. The last person to work on the car didn't install a seal under the housing. Over time the old stock housing wore it's way through the paint. It's a good thing the car is being re-painted.

https://www.pro-touring.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=14576

Below are the lights ready for assembly. It's really is as simple as removing a few screws and re-installing them on the new housings.
https://www.pro-touring.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=14580

https://www.pro-touring.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=14582

https://www.pro-touring.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=14606

https://www.pro-touring.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=14616

Here is some of the supplied hardware that Marquez Design ships with the lights. No cheesy stuff here.
https://www.pro-touring.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=14620

I did run into a little snag during the install. Many years ago I was rear ended and the local Chevy dealer did a terrible job putting it back together. Things were so misaligned I had to pull out a little pencil grinder and grind one of the holes into an oval to allow the lights to fit. See the lower left stud prior to grinding.

https://www.pro-touring.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=14624

There it is. They look great, seal well and I just love the look.

https://www.pro-touring.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=14626

https://www.pro-touring.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=14630

For more information or to get yourself a set visit http://www.marquezdesign.com or order yourself a set from one of several dealers seen on the right side of this forum.

Danny Thomas
06-02-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm glad someone can get their hands on these lights. I have been waiting over two months- always OUT OF STOCK. Give us what we want when we want it-- tire of waiting and not a very patient person. Installed the Marquez doors on my 67 and very happy -- I want more

paulk68
06-03-2008, 04:59 AM
has anyone painted the inside lip black like the stock ones? i would love to see pics of that. look good though

TA219
06-03-2008, 05:23 AM
Ask... and ye shall receive!

Not exactly the same, but you get the idea... i plan on picking up a set and painting them when that point comes in my project.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

paulk68
06-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Thank you very much, i really like the black that looks really good

Mark68
06-05-2008, 05:01 PM
I am also trying to purchase a set of these taillights for my '68 RS/SS and can't seem to get a response from Marquez Design as to when they will be available. Their web site says that they're sold out and when I contact them through e-mail, I get no reply at all. Can anyone out there help me in finding out when these taillights will be back in stock and available to purchase?
I also had a question for Larry about the taillights that he put on his '68. From the picture you have posted, it looks like the set that you have on your car is for a standard, not an RS model like you state. It has the vertical piece that seperates the lense in two, whereas the picture of Bad Penny shows what I thought was the correct one for an RS with no vertical piece in the middle. Could you please let me know what style is correct for the RS and what style is correct for the standard models, as I want to order the correct set when I finally find them in stock??!!

Thanks,
Mark

paulk68
06-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Mark, i might be wrong but i think that bad penny has 67 housings. i think all 68's had the split housing. the RS had two red tailights and backup lights in the body where standard 68's had 1 red brake light lense and a white back up lense in the housing itself.

Mark68
06-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Mark, i might be wrong but i think that bad penny has 67 housings. i think all 68's had the split housing. the RS had two red tailights and backup lights in the body where standard 68's had 1 red brake light lense and a white back up lense in the housing itself.

Thanks for the info, but if you go to the link below and look under new products, you'll see that the ones with no split housing are shown for 67 & 68 RS models and the ones with the split housing for standard 67 & 68 cars. This has really gotten me confused as to which ones are correct for my '68 RS.
http://www.mattsclassicbowties.com/index1.html
Thanks,
Mark

67SSDan
06-06-2008, 08:24 AM
has anyone painted the inside lip black like the stock ones? i would love to see pics of that. look good though

That's funny... I was thinking the same thing.

Dan

Danny Thomas
06-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Talked with Frank at Prodigy and he has several sets on backorder with no clue as to when they may arrive. Cannot get any info from Marquez. I think they should scrap any new pieces till they keep up with supply and demand of present products. It's not like they are giving these away. Maybe someone else should build them and give them some competition.

MrQuick
06-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Talked with Frank at Prodigy and he has several sets on backorder with no clue as to when they may arrive. Cannot get any info from Marquez. I think they should scrap any new pieces till they keep up with supply and demand of present products. It's not like they are giving these away. Maybe someone else should build them and give them some competition.

Please be patient, they have alot going on now. Theres a lot of demand for product to be completed for the power tour and SEMA. They are doing the best they can to keep everyone happy.

ChingonRides
06-09-2008, 04:12 PM
We are currently working on our back order products. We have three products on back order and 67-8 taillights happen to be one of them. We anticipate being caught up by July 15 with all back orders. We are working on new products and will continue to do so. However, we are first getting the back orders caught up. Thank you for your patience.

pascual

syclonetommy
09-03-2008, 05:53 PM
We are currently working on our back order products. We have three products on back order and 67-8 taillights happen to be one of them. We anticipate being caught up by July 15 with all back orders. We are working on new products and will continue to do so. However, we are first getting the back orders caught up. Thank you for your patience.

pascual

Patience? I have been waiting almost 1 year for a set of 68 camaro tail lights for a customer's car that I'm building. We've ordered every part that Marquez offers for the 68 camaro. So what's the problem with the "back orders"? Is it a manufacturing issue? We have been promised the tail lights would be sent to us several different times and still have not received anything. We have ordered the parts through Alternative Custom Parts (your distributor) and they have great customer service by returning phone calls. However, it seems that you're dropping the ball. So if you can't deliver the product than just say so. I'm sure there are others companys in the Pro-Touring world that can manufacture this or a similar product.

Mark68
09-04-2008, 02:48 AM
Patience? I have been waiting almost 1 year for a set of 68 camaro tail lights for a customer's car that I'm building. We've ordered every part that Marquez offers for the 68 camaro. So what's the problem with the "back orders"? Is it a manufacturing issue? We have been promised the tail lights would be sent to us several different times and still have not received anything. We have ordered the parts through Alternative Custom Parts (your distributor) and they have great customer service by returning phone calls. However, it seems that you're dropping the ball. So if you can't deliver the product than just say so. I'm sure there are others companys in the Pro-Touring world that can manufacture this or a similar product.

Couldn't have said it better myself! I have been waiting over 6 months now for a set for my '68 RS and can't even get a response from Marquez to find out the status on them. You would think that with how hard it is to get your hands on a set, they were giving these tail lights away! It's no small chunk of change that they're asking for these lights and in my opinion they should be working overtime to get them made up just to please their customers. If someone else was manufacturing these same taillights, I bet that they would push real hard to fill all the back orders they could!! Maybe pascual could chime in and let everyone out here know what the status of the billet tail lights are?

Sorry, but I just needed to blow off some steam.:lol:

ChingonRides
09-04-2008, 06:46 AM
I received a e-mail from Larry about this post. Sorry, but I do not get on the forums often since I have limited spare time. We try our hardest to keep our product in stock. However, we have had three products on back order, but are down to only two now. We are currently working on the 67-8 taillights and should be shipping them out in the next two weeks. We anticipated being caught up in July. If all goes well we should have all the 67-8 taillights shipped out by the 26th of September. I will try and keep this post updated on weekly basis until we get them all shipped out. I have new product that will be available for th 67-8 Camaro, but will release it after the we get caught up on the taillight. Thanks you for your patience as we strive to provide the highest quality product.

pascual

slck6t9
09-04-2008, 07:04 AM
This is good I hope. I have been waiting on a set of side marker lights (6 months) for my 69 for some time now thru Muscle Rodz.

syclonetommy
09-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Book marking the 26th of september. I hope this is not another missed date.

Larry, Thank you.

Thanks,
Tom Argue
Hydro Illusions. com

syclonetommy
09-25-2008, 04:02 PM
I received a e-mail from Larry about this post. Sorry, but I do not get on the forums often since I have limited spare time. We try our hardest to keep our product in stock. However, we have had three products on back order, but are down to only two now. We are currently working on the 67-8 taillights and should be shipping them out in the next two weeks. We anticipated being caught up in July. If all goes well we should have all the 67-8 taillights shipped out by the 26th of September. I will try and keep this post updated on weekly basis until we get them all shipped out. I have new product that will be available for th 67-8 Camaro, but will release it after the we get caught up on the taillight. Thanks you for your patience as we strive to provide the highest quality product.

pascual

If all goes well we should have all the 67-8 taillights shipped out by the 26th of September.

Going to be up all night ? hope I get a package in the morning.

Tom Argue
Tom Argue design
Hydro Illusions.com

syclonetommy
09-29-2008, 04:34 AM

pascual

Any update on what the Next ship date is??????

Larry, if you are reading this Please contact me ASAP @ (727)526-2336

Thanks,
Tom Argue

syclonetommy
09-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Just got a update from:Alternative Custom Parts, Exclusive distributor.

They were told as of thursday of last week, they should have some back orders ready to ship by Friday ?????

Sure would be nice if we could just have some kind of info for Marquez?

Tom Argue
Hydroillusions.com

syborg tt
09-29-2008, 06:44 PM
You know I've seen this so many times on all of these Bulletin boards. A company starts out going gang busters, then something happens not sure how it happens but it happens. I understand back orders and I understand that you need money to make product. But the law states that you can't take money for something that you can't ship. That would be called stealing.

This is the part that bothers me if you don't have the product ready or even in production -- don't take the money plain and simple.

I may sound like I'm defending other members on this board -- which I am.

It's amazing how many people are afraid to post here because they are afraid they are going to get banned from this BB.

The purpose of the board to help our fellow members so they don't get in the same situation that you may be in. So if someone post there is a problem, which there obviously is then it's the responsibility of the administrators to look into it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

syborg tt
09-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Opps I almost forgot.

How is it the admin of this BB get a set of taillight before others on the BB who have paid there money almost a year ago still don't have there's.

To me it seems like Marquez is trying to drum up business for something that don't have or even have in production.

ChingonRides
09-29-2008, 06:49 PM
We already started shipping the 67-8 taillights and will ship to customers based on the list that was generated from individuals and dealers. We will be taking the back order off for new orders on our web page. We are now machining them in house and should be able to stay in stock once we ship all back orders first. Thanks you for your patience.

pascual

Chad-1stGen
09-30-2008, 01:01 PM
In the world of business "under promise and over deliver" goes a long ways.

Nothing kills you faster than failing to meet expectations. Even worse IMO if you are the one that set the expectations with a promise and then don't do it.

syclonetommy
10-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Opps I almost forgot.

How is it the admin of this BB get a set of taillight before others on the BB who have paid there money almost a year ago still don't have there's.

To me it seems like Marquez is trying to drum up business for something that don't have or even have in production.

Man, No response to this one?

Maybe "Patience" is a good one.

Thank you, to all the list members that have contacted me about this. Hope you finally get your parts and a Big Thanks to the list member that help me out with a set of tail lights.

Also Jim and Crew @Alternative Custom Parts " A Marquez Design Exclusive Distributor. Good luck

Tom Argue
Hydroillusions.com

Larry Callahan
10-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Opps I almost forgot.

My lights have been sitting in my toolbox for over two and a half years. They didn't put off anyone for mine. I just didn't get around to installing them until recently. You should get your facts right before posting.

syborg tt
10-01-2008, 05:58 PM
My lights have been sitting in my toolbox for over two and a half years. They didn't put off anyone for mine. I just didn't get around to installing them until recently. You should get your facts right before posting.

Sorry Larry didn't mean to call you out. Next time I will pm you first.

My point is and still was there are many people that have been waiting for these light and the biggest problem is they are afraid to post on the BB.

This all goes back to a few sponsors being upset about active URL in signatures and a group of members being asked to remove them to protect the sponsors paid advertising. Which I completly understand and agree with.

So my point being if your going to protect a sponsor, then this site has the exact same responsibility to protect it's members.

On a side note I think they offer a great product and I plan to buy parts from them in the future for the camarorsx.com project. As long as they can offer reasonable delivery.

sikryd
08-20-2010, 12:21 AM

Here is a real quick and dirty photo shop of the RS tail light in black. These are the Marquez Design ones.

I think it looks better in black! Now I'm going to have to take mine apart and get them powder coated like that. I've owned these for 4 years now, car has been in body shop hell.

Crap, I just realized that my phone number is visible in the picture I attached. No obscene phone calls please... No really, I mean it!

MCMLXIX
08-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Here is a real quick and dirty photo shop of the RS tail light in black. These are the Marquez Design ones.

I think it looks better in black! Now I'm going to have to take mine apart and get them powder coated like that. I've owned these for 4 years now, car has been in body shop hell.

Crap, I just realized that my phone number is visible in the picture I attached. No obscene phone calls please... No really, I mean it!

Whats Angry IP Scanner ??

sikryd
08-20-2010, 01:38 AM
Whats Angry IP Scanner ??

Hahahaha... Really not car related at all!

Its an Internet Protocol scanner I use to scan sunets at work. Its a Network Engineer thing, or a geeky computer guy thing if you will. Basically it will ping an entire subnet and reply with hostname, IP address and latency...

see below.

This file was generated by Angry IP Scanner

Scanned 192.168.2.1 - 192.168.2.191
8/19/2010 11:35:38 PM
IP Ping Hostname
192.168.2.1 0 ms Macbook Pro 17
192.168.2.2 0 ms Windows7
192.168.2.4 0 ms Macbook Pro 13
192.168.2.8 0 ms NAS
192.168.2.7 9 ms Popcorn Hour
192.168.2.37 0 ms BELKIN
192.168.2.51 0 ms Mac Mini