PDA

View Full Version : post sand blasting rinse???

absolom
05-24-2008, 08:30 PM
we have a pressure washer but won't the water almost insta-rust the bare metal?

what other choices are there for a post sandblasting rinse?

we're just about through blasting the other side of our project fastback, and we definitely wanna get all the sand residue off

hotrdblder
05-24-2008, 08:46 PM
blow gun, do not wash the sand blast it will soak it up in all th enooks and crannys and really be bad, blow the car out for 30 mins or so 3-4 times, you can drill some holes in rockers etc to get it all out then weld it back up or put plug of proper size in.

LowBuckX
05-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Are you possibly talking about the sand blast attachment for pressure washers??? I add no advice just trying to clairify...

absolom
05-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Are you possibly talking about the sand blast attachment for pressure washers??? I add no advice just trying to clairify...

no, regular sandblasting on entire underside of car, and we've heard differing opinions on whether to rinse where you've sandblasted to remove all the sand residue before primering/undercoating

pobby_11
06-03-2008, 11:41 AM
after I sand blast I break out the sander with some 80 grit and go over whatever I can to level off the sufface a little (if you are useing a cheap primer go with 360) then blow it off really good. Then wipe it down with some acetone to get off any oils. then prime away even if you miss a little sand and it gets blown around the primer gets sanded anyway.