PDA

View Full Version : Cheap wheel tubs for a 68 Camaro?

4birdman
05-21-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm trying to figure out a plan of action on the Patriot Dream Camaro for the rear wheelhouses. I've got some stock ones mocked up in there now, but I can go like another 6" before I hit the frame I installed in the car.

I would love to get the DSE ones, but I am running really short on money for the project and I have no idea what to do here.

I know Summit has them very cheap, but what diameter and all would I need? I measured 32", but I'm not sure if that is right. All of Summit's stuff is like 36" min I think.

I could always minitub the stock wheelhouses, but I don't have the time to do that.

Help me out guys, I'm running really short on funds and the deadline is fast approaching!

opnwide
05-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Just do the minitub thing. You're going to have issues trying to weld a generic tub to your fenders. It took me about 15 hours to do mine (no DSE kit).

If you have to do the steel tubs, go smaller, like 36s. These tubs are really meant for the BIG drag tires (18X33s)

MrQuick
05-21-2008, 07:42 PM
just cut the stock ones you have down the center, tack the inner section to the frame then fill in the center. Almost free...but could be time consuming.

Satatic
05-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Just buy the DSE ones they are only 400 dollars.

But I am going to go with this guy.

just cut the stock ones you have down the center, tack the inner section to the frame then fill in the center. Almost free...but could be time consuming.