PDA

View Full Version : apc seats

dgumoe
02-08-2005, 09:18 AM
well i know everyone here balks at the idea of any seat less than a corbeau but i said the hell with it and ordered one of apc's super race seats covered in suade and i have to say for the price you cant really complain. im happy with it. and i believe im going to stick with em. and the logo doesnt bother me either. if you look at them on the webpage, the logo is exxagerated in how bright it is. the damn thing blends right in with the black fabric so i dont mind it at all. so what im getting at is ive found another seat out there for those of us who are budget minded and could care less what steilow, foose, or trepanier use.

Steve1968LS2
02-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I heard they are HARD and not comfortable at all.. So are they comfy?

I would have a hard time living with the logo.. i suppose if it dark to match the seat. Then again I never bought COBRA seats because it just seems funny having them in a chevy :)

How about a picture???

dgumoe
02-08-2005, 12:56 PM
depends on your definition of hard. i probably wouldnt recommend em for the older guys but im only 24 and still a bit of a hard ass. i also think that standard drag race buckets are some of the most comfortable seats ever made so you can see my twisted point of view. logo's mean nothing to me because every seat out there has a logo on it somewhere on the headrest, and truth be told ive seen more sparco's in rice rockets than apc. i'm at work right now so no pics yet. later tonite when i get home.but if you go to 4apc.net and look at the racing buckets its the part# 124128. just dont be fooled by the color. they look brown but i promise you theyre jet black. the other issue for you guys with back seats is there is no quick forward tilt lever, but theyre going in my elcamino so i couldnt care less.

C4Bird
02-08-2005, 04:27 PM
I purchased the blue/black super race seat for my car as well. I found the cloth to be a littel thin, but they are a decent buy for the money. The seat does soften up quite a bit after you sit in them for a couple weeks, even my dad says they feel pretty nice and he is 48. I too think the APC logo stands out a little too much, and with the thin material, I am probably going to get the re-upholstered when I get the interior done. If you could stand the fake leather, the jegs racing seats are a pretty good buy as well.
-Nate