PDA

View Full Version : American Chopper (OCC). Carroll Shelby 67 Mustang Bike.

CAMAROBOY69
02-08-2005, 06:39 AM
Did anyone watch the making of this bike? I recorded the entire episode and thought they did an incredible job designing and building this machine. The wheels were just sick how they matched the car! The gas tank was incredible! The bottom side of the gas tank looked just like the neck of a real life cobra snake.
Carrol Shelby Bike (http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/amchopper/photogalleries/carrollshelby/carrollshelby.html)

TonyL
02-08-2005, 07:58 AM
I watched it. But i have to say that I didnt agree with the tank design, I liked the original idea of mimicking the roofline of the car. It woulda made it more mustangie to me.

F70t/a
02-08-2005, 08:19 AM
I really dig the bike. it looks sweet!!! Hopefully now OCC will be doing more work in house. The new shop looks killer :bananna2:

Dagger
02-08-2005, 09:52 AM
I like the tank as is. The cobra hood shape looks great and makes more of a custom statement than just modeling it after the car's roof line. OCC's been down that road before with the fire bike and the comanche bike! I'm glad they came up with something new for a change.

4FTTY4
02-08-2005, 05:48 PM
That bike was sweet, it gives the fire bike some competition for my favorite bike. But what were they thinking when they put it on the dyno without breaking in the motor? Paul sits there and says "Well, we haven't broken in the motor, which could cause a problem on the dyno, but we're going to do it anyway..." then BAM! the thing blew up! I couldn't believe those guys. I'm surprised that engine guy didn't smack them both.

Derek69SS
02-08-2005, 05:55 PM
I'd rather be de-pubed with a tweezers than be seen on that ugly thing!!!

BlazerSpeed
02-08-2005, 11:45 PM
still don't know why they called it the carol shelby bike. should have been the Unique Performance bike. After all, the modeled it after the Elanor GT 500E, not the original Carol Shelby GT500. Probably didn't hurt any that Paul Senior and Junior shelled out about a half million to get matching father and son Super Snakes. I will admit that the design was good on this bike, but it is still annoying that all OCC bike are ecentially the same, as they use a standard frame design on all of them, which lends to an overall similar shape. oh well, theyre the ones with the new shop and the TV series not me so.......
Derek

MuscleRodz
02-09-2005, 02:21 AM
The bike was cool but did anybody notice all the new CNC machines? They must be making millions off liscensing agreements. The matching Super Snakes were probably pocket change.

Mike

toddshotrods
02-09-2005, 07:45 AM
I thought the bike was "OK" at best. I liked the gas tank, wheels, and exhaust, but the rest of the bike was kind of bland. The idea for the handlebars was good, but the execution didn't seem to capture his idea - could have just been bad camera angles though.

I think they need to delegate more. They're doing better but need to take it a bit further. For the big "theme bike" TV projects:

They need an artist to translate Paulie's ideas so people know what the crap he sees in his noggin. Paulie should be strictly creative design and project supervision to make sure his idea is coming to life as he envisioned it. He should be required to build his own projects frequently though, to make sure his skills don't get rusty, and he understands what he is asking people to do.

Rick needs a dedicated assistant, and he needs to be responsible for fabrication of all sheetmetal bodywork. The tank was nice, but those welded together pieces of plate on the front and rear fenders were not in the same league. It would be different if they didn't have a guy inhouse that can bend and shape metal. They welded a flat-sided, curvy, box over top of his nice rear fender flares?!?!? He should have been asked to make both fenders from scratch, to match the tank.

Vinnie needs to have a couple guys on his team and be the man responsible for actually building the bike, and fabricating all the small parts needed to make it all fit together. As long as Paulie is happy with what they are building, no one should step in and interfere with his work.

Paul Sr. needs to do just what he has been doing. Stay in the office building an empire, and make regular, vein-popping, high-volume, apppearances in front of the camera to build the OCC brand. Gotta give him credit, he is building one heckuva business.

CAMAROBOY69
02-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Dang some of you guys are just incredible critics. Makes me wonder if you ever fabbed anything in your life. Sorry if that sounds offensive.
OCC is becoming huge! They are so huge that they even built a bike for the same people that we use our software from. SOLIDWORKS. My boss was able to see these guys in person last weekend in Florida for a business trip. They came out riding the bike. I guess it was amazing and I wish I could have been there! I am hoping to eventually see pics of the SOLIDWORKS bike.
I would hope that all of us here like the Black Widow bike. No way anyone here can say that wasn't a sick bike!

F70t/a
02-09-2005, 08:57 AM
I think some of the builds sound corny, but it's alot of work to build something. I dig all the bikes. Hate or like them they are getting paid!! I wish I was in there shoes :icon_razz

JamesD
02-09-2005, 10:46 AM
these guys will put their name on anything, so far i've seen the usual(hat, t-shirts) to the unusual(sleeping bags, deodorant, video games). but the shelby bike was pretty cool, i liked the handle bars and the wheels alot, the supercharger was pretty cool too, i've never seen one on a bike before, except for the turbo busa's