PDA

View Full Version : What kind of timing lights are you using?

John McIntire
05-18-2008, 06:00 AM
I'm looking to pick up a new timing light and was wondering what everyone out there was using. There's quite a few to choose from, self powered, dial back, etc. I'm looking for a nice quality light that might have some extra functions. So, what do you have? What do you like/dislike about it?

Thanks!

ProdigyCustoms
05-18-2008, 06:32 AM
We have a couple. Oddly enough our million dollar MackDaddy digital / Tach / Advance Snap On light from hell hate MSD boxes and lies to us! It is awesome for none MSD cars. Our favorite is a Snap On dail advance light. I like to read everything at TDC as we tune 90% of the time at advance / RPM and back into our base timing. It is awesome for distributor curving also. I find it much easier to find TDC with a advance light then try to read advance on the balancer. However some guys will swear by the cheapo none advance lights!

megaladon6
05-20-2008, 01:32 PM
a guy i used to work with had the same problem with a snap-on light and the MSD box. msd told him to get a standard craftsman dial advance light, which he borrowed from me. it worked fine for him and it works for me. could you do better? hell yes, but do you need it?