PDA

View Full Version : The oposite of pro touring is???

Little Bob
08-20-2004, 07:45 AM
Why, I just don't understand. This is my favorite year.

Kenova
08-20-2004, 07:59 AM
I am just absolutely dumbfounded, speachless even. :jawdrop: I'm hoping some day to be able to buy a '69 Camaro and we have guys doing this to them. :crying: Yeah, I know, everybody has the right to "express themselves", but that doesn't mean I have to like it. :barf:
Ken

CAMAROBOY69
08-20-2004, 08:23 AM
I saw a yellow 67 or 68 that was set up the same way about 3 years ago. WTF are they thinking? Id be sick if I was at a mudhole and saw a car like that being trashed. :barf: Im pretty open minded but i know what mud does to a vehicle! The good thing is that it was for sale so mabey someone can save it.

coolclassiccars
08-20-2004, 08:47 AM
wow, does anyone know who has it for sale?

XcYZ
08-20-2004, 09:03 AM
Hey, look on the bright side, every time someone destroys a 1st Gen, the value of ours goes up. There's only so many!

Steve Chryssos
08-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Well--I for one am gettinng tired of having to look up :naughty: at the "hottie" in the next lane because my car is too low. This guy gets to look down and see the whole enchilada. :yum:

Pzary3233
08-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Well--I for one am gettinng tired of having to look up :naughty: at the "hottie" in the next lane because my car is too low. This guy gets to look down and see the whole enchilada. :yum:

StreetFytr68 has got the right idea... that's why I drove a Truck for a daily driver! :drive: :icon996:

Paul Z.

68RallySport
08-20-2004, 10:24 AM
I like it but still think it looks alot better done to an el camino

derekf
08-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Leave the poor Caminos alone.. do it to a Ranchero or a Brat instead.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Poor car :crying:

BAD6SPD
08-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Seriously, you kill me...That Icon that was licking its lips, combined with your "enchilada" text, almost made me blow Pepsi on my PC...

Hard to believe it has been an entire year since we rolled Woodward in my car... :wrc:

Steve Chryssos
08-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Yeah Jeff..Sorry I can't make it this year. Woodward is a hell of a traffic jam! And sorry about the "Pepsi on the keyboard thing" too. Email me with your #. I need to talk speak you.
/Steevo

Steve1968LS2
08-20-2004, 12:18 PM

I dont want to see the "whole enchilada" :squint:

I want to see the "whole taco" :naughty:

I didnt just go there did I??

I need lunch.. the hunger is obviously effecting my judgement.. :screwy:

CAMAROBOY69
08-20-2004, 12:41 PM
In a homer simpson voice:
"mmmmmmmmmmmm Pink Tacoooooo" :jump: :lol: Both Steve's

malibu9in
08-20-2004, 06:19 PM
hey check out the web site the pic is hosted from.....

Frank69
08-20-2004, 07:04 PM
That photo is from last weekend's "Chevy Madness" show in Orange Coounty, CA. That car and a couple of others were for sale by a collector car consignment company. If I remember correctly, the asking price for this car was $15,500!! What a deal, eh??

Frank

spanky the wondermuffin
08-23-2004, 05:37 AM
wasn't there a huge thread a while back about awd camaro?perhaps the project got finished.

Geeto67
08-23-2004, 12:26 PM
There are quite a few of these 1969 camaro bodies on blazer chassis floating around here on Long Island. When I used to work in Mineola there was a gas station that had a hugger orange rally sport on a lifted blazer chassis. Recently a Daytona Yellow one has begun parking around the corner from my house, I went to take a look at it one day (it had "for sale" written on it in white shoe polish but it looked old) and I popped the hood. My father used to have a real 1969 z/28 that he bought new (and I still have a lot of the cool parts for) and I have been trying to track down since he sold it so I know the trim tag by heart and was surprised to see that the car was a real z/28 body. Next time I see it I think I am going to leave a note. Incidently I have also seen a 1970 GTO on a lifted blazer chassis and a lifted 1976 El Camino out in suffolk county. A couple of years ago I went to look at a 1980 z/28 with a buddy and the seller had a 1973 camaro on a lifted 4x4 chassis. I seem to remember this kind of conversion being a semi-popular thing in the late 1970's - early 1980's and if done right all they do to get the body to fit is to weld body mounts to the chassis that bolt where the camaro subframe attaches and shouldn't be hard to undo.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-23-2004, 12:40 PM
Geeto67,

I'm on the island, Smithtown to be exact. I haven't seen any of these cars driving around, that's probably a good thing, especially if people are doing this to real Z/28s. :crying:

Geeto67
08-23-2004, 01:07 PM
The 76 El Camino I see in the Watermill - Bridge Hampton area all the time and I think the owner is a member of the local volunteer fire department as it has a set of wigwags on the roof. The Orange 69 RS was in Mineola, the Yellow 69 Z/28 is in flushing, Queens and I haven't seen it in a month, but next time I do I'll take pictures. The GTO I saw a long time ago in Riverhead. The 73 camaro Was at a storage facility in Coram and the owner had a hanger sized storage unit with some unbelievable unrestored cars stored inside (like a 1969 GTO ram air convertable, a 1969 RS 350, a 1968 GTO, and some other really cool cars). The thing we all keep forgetting about these cars now that they are worth a fortune is that over a decade ago they were just used cars with a value roughly equal to toilet paper. I cringe when I hear stories of my father blowing the rear out in his 1962 409 chevy or how he used to side step the clutch in his z/28 at 6000rpm.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-23-2004, 01:27 PM
The 76 El Camino I see in the Watermill - Bridge Hampton area all the time. I'm not familiar with the Bridge Hampton area really, is Watermill a town there? For a second I thought you meant the watermill restaurant, I live about 1-2 minutes down the road from there :).

Steve Chryssos
08-23-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm out east. The ElCo hangs out at the Beach Hut on Friday nights (Meschutt Beach) on the Shinne**** Canal. It's ratty! Been around forever. Grew up in Flushing, NY. I remember the yellow 69 too. Any Long Islanders up for Bald Hill tomorrow night or Nathan's on Wed night? If so I want to get there early. My Camaro's a two seater so I have room for one more.
/Steevo

Geeto67
08-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Not to get slightly off topic, but...

Ralph,

Watermill is a town out East, next to BridgeHampton. There is a large windmill in the town square along montauk highway.

Steevo,

I was thinking about going to bald hill tomorrow, I might take my GTO despite the water pump problems I have been having. If I do you can't miss it, it is the burgundy one with extremely severe rust out in the quarters (the kind that make you say holy S**T I can't believe he drove that thing here). I was wondering if you could e-mail me directions and contact info (my e-mail is [email protected]) as I haven't been out there in a year.

I also grew up in flushing (no surprise as to why I live there now) though I suspect you are slightly older than me (I'm 26). At any rate if you grew up in da' neighborhood you are probably a veterian of Francis Lewis Blvd. To get us slightly back on topic track do you remember Jimmy "chevelle"'s (I think his real last name was lediko or something like that) 1970 Chevelle Nomad Wagon with the 396 and a 4 speed that he had set up to go in a straight line and nothing else? pretty ratty in black primer with a real SS black cowl hood with white stripes. I still go past his house every once and a while and see his 1970 ss and 1972 ss 454 cars on cinder blocks in his driveway. Or how about the guy who used to live on the corner of Bowne and Cherry who had the 1949 Mercury in grey primer with air shocks? I was really sad when I moved back into the old neighborhood and saw that that car was no longer there.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Steevo,

I'm in for bald hill tomorrow, I can drive out to your house and ride with you if you want a passenger, or just meet you there, whatever is good for you. Call me. I'll send you an email with my number incase you lost it.

P.S. I updated your post count and reg. date for you.

Geeto,

I'm not the greatest with giving directions, but I think these are pretty straight forward. Easiest way to get to bald hill coming from the west is take the LIE to exit 63, get off. Make a left at the light and take it down about a mile, you'll see a turn off on the road on your right hand side and it should have a sign that says "car show". Make a right onto the turn off ramp, it's very short, about 150 feet. It will take you to a stop sign, make a left at the stop sign and you'll see the entrance to bald hill. I'm not the best at giving directions, so hopefully Steevo can verify them. If you want, I can meet you somewhere on the LIE before hand and you can follow me out there, if I don't ride with Steve. I'm at exit 57.

Geeto67
08-24-2004, 12:16 PM
Hey guys, looks like I'll miss bald hill, I'm gonna be stuck working late tonight, again....sucks. Maybe I'll hit up Nathan's in Oceanside on Wed.

Anyway to get us back on track, some more I found on the web:

lifted camaro (http://www.4x4bloopers.com/filedownload/?file=d%3a%2fgearhost%2fhostingaccounts%2f4x4bloop ers%2fwww%2fimages%2f\4x4+1973+Chevy+Camaro+5+-+Off-Road+Chevy+Suzuki+Ford+Dodge+Jeep+Truck.jpg)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Maxxed Out Muscle Car 1968 Camaro on steroids. 4x4, automatic Built 478 ci big block 685 Hp. Chevrolet,with turbo 400, 5000 stall, W/4 link coiled front suspension costum 2x4" still tube frame, 2" tube padded 6-point roll cage Fuel cell, 200 w. Sony Xplod stereo, with 22" wide on 20" bead lock super scoopers, Canary yellow, with stock black rally stripes to much to list. For Sale $29,900

they are even in video games (MTM2)
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Ok I think I am done.

Geeto67
08-24-2004, 12:26 PM
ok maybe a couple more:

Ralph LoGrasso
08-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Kerry,

My eyes! :lmao:

Too bad you missed bald hill, I went with Steevo, there were a ton of cars there, his was the only pro-touring one though, and it got A LOT of attention from people.