PDA

View Full Version : A body disk brake hubs

SShep71
05-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Im looking to convert my stock GTO disk brakes to teh larger C4 13" rotors and C5 calipers. Now I have a good Idea of the parts I need, im just a little confused on what hub im supposed to use. The original hubs are integrated in the disk (I think). Im hoping that there is a hub, that will work with the stock spindle. Ive seen aftermarket billet hubs, unfortunately I cant afford them. Can someone give me some pointers, the spindles are the same as other a bodys so if you have done this on a chevelle or cutlass it should be the same.

Randy67
05-13-2008, 03:49 AM
Most disc brake kits out there use the drum brake hub from any 64-72 A-body or 67-69 F-body. Should be easy to find and cheap too.

Apogee
05-13-2008, 06:40 AM
X2 what Randy said...you'll want to cut down the outside diameter of the hub flange to fit inside the rotors (we recommend 5.94" with an 1/8" x 45 face chamfer) and probably rebuild them with new bearings, studs, and seals. Make sure all of the bearing races are tight in the hub and inspect the casting for any cracks prior to sinking too much time or money into it. A quick magnaflux check wouldn't hurt considering the age and application.

Tobin
KORE3

bochnak
05-15-2008, 08:29 AM
(we recommend 5.94" with an 1/8" x 45 face chamfer)

Tobin
KORE3

Thanks, I'll have to remember that when the time comes.