PDA

View Full Version : Title Idea

Young Gun
05-10-2008, 10:32 AM
On a forum I used to frequent they had a method to title each thread with pictures. It helped to keep things very organized and I thought it might be something good to have here. The way that it works is like this:

Year of car + Make of car + Model of car + ":" + Thread title

For example:

1970 Chevy Nova: Project NoGo
1968 Chevy Camaro: Ridetech.Com Project
1969 Pontiac Firebird: LT1 TransAm Build

I know it is similar to what people already do but if everybody used an identical system it would be really easy to find old threads and such.

Ralph LoGrasso
05-12-2008, 09:58 AM
It's a good idea, but it seems to me the only way to maintain such a system would be to have the mods constantly edit thread titles, especially for new members. How is the consistency maintained on the other site? Have all the members just bought into it, or do the mods edit the titles?

vp23271
05-12-2008, 10:12 AM
I don't want to hijack this thread, but here's an idea. :offtopic:

If I could add "reminder" notes to my subscribed threads that only I can see, that would be awesome! Maybe they could appear under the title and could be edited by the user and only seen by the user. Sometimes it's tuff to search through my subscribed threads to find info. Being able to add notes would be helpful.

For the time being ... what I have started to do is email myself a link to the thread and put my "reminder" notes in the title of the email. I then save the email in a separate folder. I find it easier to do an electronic search thru my emails than to open my subscribed thread looking for info one by one. Just an idea.

Young Gun
05-12-2008, 01:45 PM
It's a good idea, but it seems to me the only way to maintain such a system would be to have the mods constantly edit thread titles, especially for new members. How is the consistency maintained on the other site? Have all the members just bought into it, or do the mods edit the titles?

Well the mods put it in the forum rules intitially. They also edited the titles of the threads that had been updated within the past two weeks. From there all the members bought into the idea and use it. If the threads are not done in the proper way, the mods lock the threads. Harsh but shock treatment works i guess?:hmm:

Jim Nilsen
05-13-2008, 08:19 AM
I could live with both ways really. Some sections don't have info that really pertains to a year ,make or model but rather style or component. So if it was a voluntary thing it would eliminate a lot of work and confusion and for the threads that it will work with in a search and make it helpful later would be nice. With all of the info getting reiterated sooner or later you wouldn't get flooded with a lot of of repetition way down the road.

So if I make a thread that would pertain specifcally to a 1967 Chevy Camaro I'll put it in the title .

like: 1967 Chevrolet Camaro, FOR SALE ..............

:cheers: