PDA

View Full Version : Not New, just been absent for a while

ATAK, Inc.
05-09-2008, 11:05 AM
It has been quite a long time since I've posted here and many things have changed in my life in the past two years; got injured in a car accident (My middle and lower back), Got diagnosed, by the VA, with PTSD and TBI (PTSD from 1986, TBI from accident in 11/05), moved to Idaho from Las Vegas. Those are the highlites. Hopefully in the next 2-3 months I will be able to finish my Wayne Due frame and get it into my '69 Camaro. The LS1/T56 conversion will have to wait, it is up for sale right now.

motorheadmike
05-09-2008, 12:39 PM
PTSD is a horrible thing to suffer and endure. I hope you are getting the help you deserve.

Oh, and welcome back! :)

ATAK, Inc.
05-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks MHMike. There is hope for me yet!

Over Actor
05-12-2008, 05:08 AM
I know what your going through i have PTSD and TBI from an IED attack in Iraq. I left active duty Army ( Airborne Infantry) Now im just trying to relax some. Very nice car you have.

ATAK, Inc.
05-12-2008, 06:21 AM
Thanks, this is the second '69 I have owned, the 1st one my Mamma bought new and I got when I turned 17 the car was 8 years old, I had it for 22 years till finances forced the sale. That hurt, I donated lots of blood in that car, plus 4 engines, 3 trannys and two rear ends. And from one Vet to another, Thank you for your service!!! I was in one combat zone for 4 months, nothing compared to what you have been thru. The best bart of my 14+ years was doing a 3 year tour with the Thunderbirds, lots of stories there.