PDA

View Full Version : Best 750cfm Carb - Suggestions?

bigboi
05-09-2008, 09:10 AM
I am doing some research on what 750cfm carb to purchase. I don't want to go over $700 for the carb and would like something where I can tell the carb place my engine internals, compression, rpm range, etc and they can tune it for me, I can drop it in place, fire it up and know I have a carb tuned for my application.

I have seen places such as the following...

aedperformance.com - They offer a 750cfm Holley tuned to my specs for $699

customcarbs.com - I have seen this place in the Hot Rod magazines. Not sure on their pricing but it looks like I need to buy the carb and then pay them to tune it.

Also... This may sound funny, but I like the way the Dominator carbs look. I see Holley makes a 750cfm Dominator. What are your thoughts on using this carb compared to a 750 Double Pumper? Is the base plate bolt pattern different on the Dominator?

Thanks!

another69
05-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Look into Pro systems- I bought a HP750 from them for less than you're looking to spend, and it's the ONLY carb I've been happy with "out of the box". By the way- they ask for your engine specs.

As for the dominator, the baseplate is differant- you'll need to run an adaptor or a new manifold, not to mention it'll probably be a compromise unless you really need it.

Pollyss
06-09-2008, 07:26 AM
If you'd be interested in a Q-jet, talk to Cliff Ruggles... http://www.cliffshighperformance.com/

MANY people recommend him as "the man" in the Q-jet world. Smaller primary bores get you better economy and drivability on the street, and still match the horsepower of a Holley. There's a reason he has a several month long waiting list! He builds it to your car & engine.

4086D9
06-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Prosystems all the way!

chicane67
06-09-2008, 06:02 PM
The Carb Shop... my personal favorite.

Pro Systems... is right there with them.

AED... isnt too bad either.

*hotrods*
06-11-2008, 06:13 AM
Call Eric at Vintage Muscle Car parts 937-836-5927 and talk with him. He does nothing but build old worn out restoration carbs. I have bought 4 carbs from him and all of them have been great. Bolt them on and go! I know that you want a new carb but this guy can build you anything that you want and the guys over to The Supercar Registry love him and that's saying a lot! He builds carbs for million dollar cars, so I know that he can satisfy your needs and save you some money. I would never buy a assembly line carb when I can have someone build me one for my application. Also he is a one person business and when you need tech you can reach him at any time and that means alot when you can talk with the guy who built your carb and knows what is wrong with it. He also has a website that I will post below.

http://www.vintagemusclecarparts.com/

gearbanger
07-16-2008, 05:46 AM
Quick Fuel Technologies is my pick.

BayouSS
07-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Pro Systems is my choice.