PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to adopt a Whippet pup?

Steve1968LS2
05-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Just got an email that there's one available in NorCal (San Jose). It was sent to us since we were looking for one, but we have a new pup already.

Whippets are great dogs. Fast and great with family members.

Anyways, PM me if interested.

It's an 11 month old male.

monza
05-08-2008, 10:36 AM
How is your older dog getting along? I have very similar stuff going on with a 12 year old wiener dog.

Steve1968LS2
05-08-2008, 11:39 AM
How is your older dog getting along? I have very similar stuff going on with a 12 year old wiener dog.

Not well, she was better for a while, but is getting worse again. We don't want her to suffer so we will most likely put her down soon. Very sad.

We found a place that will come do it at home so her last memories will be of being in her bed, at home and not some damn vets office.

monza
05-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Sorry to hear..... All the best with that!

6'9"Witha69
05-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Not well, she was better for a while, but is getting worse again. We don't want her to suffer so we will most likely put her down soon. Very sad.

We found a place that will come do it at home so her last memories will be of being in her bed, at home and not some damn vets office.Sad to hear Steve. Good to know there are alternatives to taking them in to get put down.

6fastback7
05-08-2008, 06:37 PM
i would highly recommend that Vet coming to the house...many people dont know that this is a option. My friend did this about 12 years ago with his last dog and said it was much easier on everyone including the dog. Wouldnt we all hope that one day when are own time has come to pass on sleeping in are own bed...unfortunately most of us will die in a hospital or nursing home and never have the pleasure of having are loved ones all around us for are last breaths

Steve1968LS2
05-12-2008, 06:19 AM
i would highly recommend that Vet coming to the house...many people dont know that this is a option. My friend did this about 12 years ago with his last dog and said it was much easier on everyone including the dog. Wouldnt we all hope that one day when are own time has come to pass on sleeping in are own bed...unfortunately most of us will die in a hospital or nursing home and never have the pleasure of having are loved ones all around us for are last breaths

Thanks... that's how we feel about it. Sad business, but she is counting on us to what's right for her.

The appointment is set for Tuesday night... :(