PDA

View Full Version : New on board

JorgeMR
05-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi there!

To be honest, it's been quite long since I new about PT site but had never had the courage to join in. I've owned a 67 Camaro for almost 20 years now, but about 3 years ago I had to store it when I tried to install a set of double hump heads but found problems with the bolt threads of the block deck. Through all this time I almost forgot about it: I sold the motor to a bloke interested in restoring another numbers matching 67 and I thought about building the 400 sb I had laying around. As money doesn't come easy it's taken all this time for me to make my mind up and put the car rolling again, hence, I've saved a few pennies to do so and now I'm working on my patient baby again. It won't certainly be as beautiful, powerful or fancy stuff as so many examples I admire here in PT, but this is my approach to it and I'm doing my best; perhaps, in the unknown future, I shall be able to build her with stuff I've long dreamt about.

As said, it's a 67 coupe with a 4-sp T10 in it and I'm currently assemblying a 400 sb topped with new Sportsman II heads, Performer RPM, 750 Holley, small-tube headers, temporarily a 282S Magnum, and a 3:31 back there. The suspension is slightly enhanced with Moog 5536 cut springs, poly bushings, Guldstrand mod, 1-inch stabiliser, aluminium bushings on frame connectors, Hotchkis leaf-springs, 16x8 Cragars SS and 245/50 Kumhos handled by a stock power str box. Brakes were upgraded from 4 drums to front stock discs and power assist a few years ago. Last time I drove the car it felt good and responsive, firm but not harsh. I loved to ride in it.

I working on a new paint job and a couple of little mods I can afford now. I shall get some pictures to show and I hope to enjoy along with you all my re-flourishing passion for my Camaro and this exciting hobby of ours.

Many thanks for letting me join with you,

Jorge
Costa Rica, Central America

zbugger
05-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Welcome to the site. Good to see Central America on the board as well. My mom is from Guatemala and I still have family there. I hope we help you more than hurt you. We have that tendency here.

Young Gun
05-02-2008, 09:35 PM
and by hurt he is talking about the wallet... projects always seem to go off the deep end once people join up here haha... any ways Welcome!