PDA

View Full Version : corbeau harness bolts

69CamaroChesapeakeVA
02-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Hey, I tried to install my Corbeau harnesses in my 69 camaro and the bolts they sent werent the correct size. What have you guys been using to install these harnesses besides the stock ones? That wouldnt be very "pro-touring" to me.

Also, I used a set of ARP vortec intake bolts to mount the CR1 seats to the car. They worked out really nice. Look very trick. Any help you guys can give on these harness bolts would be cool. Thanks.

Dadms
02-17-2005, 03:08 PM
I bought some Simpson harnesses and the bolt didn't fit on those either. I ended up using the non-shoulder bolt which is normally used on the rear seat. It should fit if the Corbeau are like the Simpson ones.

Good luck ...............mike

JayBird
02-18-2005, 11:49 AM
I did the same as Mike with my Corbeau belts

TonyHuntimer
02-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Where are you guys mounting your shoulder harnesses? On the floor directly behind the front seats? I did that originally and got kicked out of tech at the racetrack. If you got in an accident, the shoulder harness would pull your body down and crush your back bones. Some tracks will let you get away with that, but it's only going to injure YOU.

I had to mount the anchors for the shoulder harnesses in the back seat area. My anchor is located where the upper half of the back seat meets the lower half of the back seat... kind of where the back seat lap belts are mounted, but in new holes.

My 2 cents,
Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

CarlC
02-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Mine are mounted the same as Tony's.

JayBird
03-02-2005, 05:36 AM
I have a hoop roll bar in my car and have the shoulder harness wrap around the crossbar. Thanks for asking Tony.

Jay

Maverick Man
03-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Where are you guys mounting your shoulder harnesses? On the floor directly behind the front seats? I did that originally and got kicked out of tech at the racetrack. If you got in an accident, the shoulder harness would pull your body down and crush your back bones. Some tracks will let you get away with that, but it's only going to injure YOU.

I had to mount the anchors for the shoulder harnesses in the back seat area. My anchor is located where the upper half of the back seat meets the lower half of the back seat... kind of where the back seat lap belts are mounted, but in new holes.

My 2 cents,
Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

what tony is saying is what this link will tell you as well.

http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/16.pdf

sparco also has a harness bar as well..

http://www.sparcousa.com/harness_bars.asp however you'll probally need wrap around belts.

you can always get harness mounts from willians and have someone weld them in but i would suggest you also weld the plates with backing plates under then floor as well.

good luck