PDA

View Full Version : I went to Maranello yesterday

Tiger
02-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi All,

I finally learned to post pics so now I'm dangerous :lol:

I went to Maranello yesterday to (once again) see the Ferrari museum.
I thought some pics of the new F430 would be interesting for many.

Ciao
André

trapin
02-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Paddle shifter. Looks like Steve could be on the cusp of a very lucrative business venture. Those things are popping up on all the sports cars. I was amazed at how many at the Detroit Auto Show had one. Won't be long before you see the Corvette with one, or the Mustang, as well as a variety of muscle cars.

Rybar
02-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Been there twice now myself. Where else can you see an Enzo, F50, F40 and 288 GTO within steps of eachother.... plus a bunch of Schumachers latest F1 cars and engines. I have a ton of pics from there.

Hey Andre, I also wanted to go see the Lamborghini and Pagani factory since they are all so close, did you get to any of those factories? I drove by the Bugatti factory on the freeway. Would have been cool to visit there.

I've always loved the Italian exotics (most would) but my fathers home town is about 1.5 hours away. So I'm a diehard. But I still love Musclecars.

One of my best friends owns a 355 spyder F1, I've driven it. Killer car, and the sound is the most insane thing. My SC 4th gen T/A would have blown its doors off (in a drag race, road race would have been a different story), but we never got to race, he always made excuses and was too scared. The car handles and brakes amazing, I would have written off my 4th gen if I cornered and braked like the 355 could.

Anyways, nice pics. They say the new F430 is quicker than the F40, that's pretty amazing. The F40 is still my all time favorite exotic.

Tiger
02-06-2005, 01:21 PM
The Enzo wasnt there this time but it was there this summer.
btw they are expanding the Museum so you'll have to go back
The F40 is my all time favorite as well ! check out my ebay item #6946027419 (up for sale in Germany)
and
the 250 GT California, ebay item #6946028410 (up for sale in Germany).

I have never been to either Lambo, Bugatti (I know where it is but I think its closed) or Maserati even if they are all just about an hour drive from here, but I have a friend coming over this september so I guess we will do the whole tour then.

The Ducati motocycle factory is about half a mile from my office so I have been there a couple of times, you actually get a two hour tour of both the factory and the museum, with a guide and its totally FREE.

Give me a Buzz if you decide to get over here again, we could have a couple of beers and do the tour together. I might ask you to fill your suitcases with car parts though, shipping kills me :o)

ciao
André

Tiger
02-06-2005, 01:33 PM
I might as well throw in some F1 pics for those who likes that.

Paddles ?? I dont know if I'd get those ore a stick, not that its a problem, I'll never get to that amount of money anyway.

ciao
André

StRacerDuke
02-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Andre!

You've got to email me. I'm living in Milano and am thinking about going down to Ferrari this weekend! I'll be taking the train in, so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

I was in Florence yesterday and took a picture of one sitting on the side of the street! Awesome looking car. First time I have seen it in person.

Tiger
02-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Hey Ryan,

Let me know what you'd need and I'll help you as best as I can. Maybe if time permits I could catch up with you there and we could share a beer as well.
when will you go ? sat or sun? where do you take the train to?

Ciao
André

E30M30
02-13-2005, 02:39 PM
I have been there as well, the whole town is nothing but ferrari. Even in the city of Modena they have a ferrari road (and it's not small..) But if you come to Europe visit the Le Mans race 250000 people a lot of beer and no fights and troublemakers. Heaven on earth...

will69camaro
02-13-2005, 08:40 PM
LOL that pic of the 430 reminded me of a pic of the bad ass local ferrari.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

William

StRacerDuke
02-14-2005, 02:36 AM
Hey Andre!

Send you a PM last week. Sorry I didn't get back to you. Been under the weather for the last few days, and finaly just got rid of the house guests from hell. I'll email you when we plan on rescheduling the trip.

Ciao,
R