PDA

View Full Version : Dirveshaft parking brake

ks71z28
02-06-2005, 08:39 AM
I am thinking of using Howe 2 piston calipers on all 4 wheels now, but want to retain a parking brake. I have seen these in the past, but can't find on the mounts to the rear diff at the pinion. I have a chevy 12 bolt,
anyone seen this lately!!!!

[email protected]

quadfather
02-06-2005, 08:57 AM
ive seen theese for the ford 9" but where would you be able to bolt it on the front of the 12bolt?

Rick Dorion
02-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Go to chevelles.com and do a search. There's a fellow there selling them.

airrj1
02-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Pete Lohr is his name and the website is: http://home.comcast.net/~petelohr/einstyn1/einstyn-14.htm

jeffandre
02-08-2005, 05:51 AM
Pete Lohr built mine, for a 10-bolt, I like it but still need to get the handbrake and cable setup. Looks like it will do a great job, I had to have my pinion yoke machined on the backside for proper disk alignment. I like the pinion ebrake idea because I can switch to whatever calipers and rotors I want anytime.

CAMAROBOY69
02-08-2005, 06:50 AM
This is ironic. I was just mentioned about this in another thread today. I was thinking of doing this to my Camaro since I converted my entire interior to 2002 and 4th gen Trans Am and I eventually need a parking brake.

Steve1968LS2
02-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Talk about ironic.. I got a letter today from a reader asking what to do since he has C-Clip eliminators (like I do)... I am going to have to contact this guy and buy one for my car as well.

The Year One 69 Camaro was able to use some Locar parts to hook up the 4th gen parking lever to the E-brake so I know it can be done.

Zefhix
02-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Talk about ironic.. I got a letter today from a reader asking what to do since he has C-Clip eliminators (like I do)... I am going to have to contact this guy and buy one for my car as well.

The Year One 69 Camaro was able to use some Locar parts to hook up the 4th gen parking lever to the E-brake so I know it can be done.

I have his info in the links section of my website, Steve. Very nice guy with a ton of other cool McGuyver setups for our cars. His email is
[email protected]