PDA

View Full Version : BBC banks turbo?

502imp
02-05-2005, 11:17 PM
I know Banks has a bunch of older kits out for the bbc in a marine application. What is the feasability of using one in a street car? I know the exhaust manifolds are water cooled. Would they survive without water through them? The intake plenum could be run as a water intercooler, and use a carb style throttle body and convert your manifold to EFI. Anyone else think it will work? I have never seen one of these kits in person, but have seen several pictures.

slow4dr
02-08-2005, 02:24 PM
I know Banks has a bunch of older kits out for the bbc in a marine application. What is the feasability of using one in a street car? I know the exhaust manifolds are water cooled. Would they survive without water through them? The intake plenum could be run as a water intercooler, and use a carb style throttle body and convert your manifold to EFI. Anyone else think it will work? I have never seen one of these kits in person, but have seen several pictures.

Those old kits are VERY heavy. I would guess close to 300-400 lbs complete. You may be better off starting from scratch with some Kooks or equivalent headers and ordering up some new technology Twins.

Jason