PDA

View Full Version : Kicker Products

bearcat
04-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Looking for opinions about kicker products. Also I have found amps on ebay that are almost half price as circuit city. Claims are that they are brand new from good sellers.

Thanks

dropit69
04-24-2008, 06:26 PM
kicker is a good brand ..have been for years,,and you will find stuff onnline alot cheaper than bestbuy..circuit and car stereo shops..but just make sure its not a refurbished unit..there are alot of them on ebay..

shortz
04-24-2008, 06:30 PM
you mean kicker brand at half the price or a different brand?

Kicker is a well rounded brand, most major brands are still produced in asian countries now but they still have to go through quality control. At least with major brands backup support is good if anything should go wrong

ProdigyCustoms
04-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Also, you have to be careful of brand new stuff on E bay and other internet sources that does not really have US warrentee. I pay more from my Florida distriutor then E Bay prices, but I have no warrentee issues.

Magntik
04-25-2008, 04:41 AM
http://www.crutchfield.com

Have you tried these guys?
I buy almost all my car audio from them.
No problems and free install parts!!

gmjj13
04-25-2008, 07:03 PM
+1 on Crutchfield. they tend to have some great deals. i also am a kicker fan...

Danny Thomas
04-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Kicker amps in my 05 Vet and they are great. They do not have built in fans so make sure you have air circulation. I had a cover made for mine and they overheateds and shutdown so I had to install a fan.

AButler
04-26-2008, 07:47 PM
I second the warranty and making sure you buy from authorized dealers. I had my amp go twice because of overheating issues. Both time no hassle and i received a new replacement within 2 wks.

Radlark
04-27-2008, 12:00 PM
My .02, I work for a car audio manufacture located here in southern california and the biggest problem with Ebay is that a lot of these guys are selling "transshipped" product meaning that they are not authorized to sell these items but they acquire them from other retailers at a discounted price. The problem is that you may be able to get a "deal" but when you have a problem with that product how quick is the ebay seller to tell you "call the factory" ! Let me just say this if you bought it off of ebay from a non authorized dealer trust me the majority of the manufactures out there will not honor the warranty due to the fact that the person you purchased it from is NOT and authorized dealer! That being said most people will pay the "extra" cash in order to have a piece of mind IF there is an issue with the product.

I used to sell Kicker to retail shops from 1999 to 2004 and they have excellent product but also there are other products out there that are just as good with out the brand name (price). They have been making good products for quite some time, so if you buy offline make sure that they are authorized so if there is a problem you can send it back to them and get it warrantied, but you will have to pay shipping so your savings just went out the window!!!

bearcat
04-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the great feed back. Exactly what I was looking for.
-W-

SLAMDIMPALA
04-27-2008, 03:16 PM
It is true about the warranty on products that get sold on ebay. I have started a business that is going to sell audio products and other automotive products and with most distributors they handle warranty issues. Just my .02 Let me know if you need anything would love to help out.

JamesJ
04-27-2008, 08:17 PM
http://www.mmxpress.com/ good place....

Neil350
05-01-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm looking to do a Kicker CVR 10 inch sub and one their mono block amps, I have looked a lot on e-bay, some deals to be had but as well as risk. The thing about your Best Buys, (used to work at one), they are marked up ridiculously on car audio products, so thats why you can get cheaper deals online. I have dealt with crutchfield, their tech support is pretty good.

Mommy Wagon
09-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I have a factory Kicker system in my Magnum SRT8, so when I was going to upgrade the sub, I wanted to stay Kicker. I like Kicker products, but...........

Here's my story:

The amp is a Kicker 750.1, to an 12" L5.

Sub #1

Dead. 3 weeks after install. The internals punched through the cone, deamed defective and replaced under warranty.

Sub #2

Dead. Siezed. 4 weeks after replacement. No real evedence of wear or sound quality issues, just decided to sieze.

Sub #3 (replaced with an L7)

Waiting for install

The box is a to the manufacture's spec, 7 layer fiberglass and MDF custom sealed box. The gains are set to half way, the crossover is 60 hz, there is a fan installed, there is a capacitor installed, and it's direct to the battery with 4' of 4 gauge power and ground. The amp hase NEVER overheated, and it was all proessionally installed (although I built the box).

The sub sounds incredible, it is set up for sound quality, not boom.

I have heard many different theories on the possibilities of my issues.

My only advice, buy from a reputable dealer, and ask about warranty when you purchase. If I had gone to an unauthorized dealer, this could have ended up costing upwards of $2,000.00.

1offwizard
09-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I have used Kicker products since 1989 with very little problems. I consider a couple of Kicker guys good friends and used to do some work for them (billet speaker grilles and trim pieces and such). I still hang out with them at shows. Really cool people!

go-fish
09-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Kicker CVR's are the shiznit. I believe some of thier products are made in Stillwater, Oklahoma, near where I am from. Stillwater Design I guess.
Kicker is always my first choice mostly because my neighbor growing up was a stereo shop owner and used them alot. Always been satisfied.