PDA

View Full Version : New Body Panels

JMitch19
02-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Hey everyone, I 'm just wondering where you guys have found to be the place place to buy new parts as far as price and quality go. I am going to need new quarters, tail pan, trunk floor just to name a few all of which are for a 69 camaro. So far from what I have found going directly through Goodmark is the best for price.

Let me know what you guys think.

Mark Antrim
02-05-2005, 03:15 PM
the best price I have found on goodmark products is from CPU muscle car parts. Their website is www.cpucarparts.com
their website isnt the best but thier prices make up for it.

JMitch19
02-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks Mark I'll check them out.

Ricoch3T
02-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Ricks camaro is where i get mine from.. No trouble at all
www.firstgen.com

MangeMD
02-05-2005, 05:23 PM
www.mattsclassicbowties.com

Camaro Zach
02-05-2005, 05:43 PM
www.goodmarkindustries.com

quadfather
02-06-2005, 09:06 AM
rather than buy them from mail order sources . i found 2 local restoration supliers who matched mail order prices, and you didn't have to pay shipping, plus you could inspect the parts before taking them. ground up restorations and auto-body specialties in ct. both have about everything they make for the 69 camaro. so i would check around locally first. good luck.

Mark Antrim
02-06-2005, 10:26 AM
I will agree with quadfather, find someone local and maybe buy from them. CPU was just a little over an hour from me and it saved me lots of money. At work we sell goodmark products but I cant buy for what I paid for from CPU. So look around and compare a little, just my .02.

ProdigyCustoms
02-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Just so you know J, everyone is selling the same stuff, even though some vendors may try to convince you different. The advice above, to find close and save shipping is good advice.

MuscleRodz
02-06-2005, 08:28 PM
I read a thread on another forum that Summit sells body panels as well. They were drop shipping from Goodmark and I don't think there was any shipping just a cheap handling fee. They were also very competative on pricing as well.

Mike

JMitch19
02-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Thanks for all the input. I'll call some local shops and see what I can find.

JMitch19
02-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Frank or anyone that may know for that matter. Since all companies are selling the same product does that mean that no matter where I purchase my quarters from they will be retooled like Goodmark says theirs are? I'm just wondering if I need to be looking for a born on date like I do on my bud light so I know I'm getting the best for my money.

ProdigyCustoms
02-08-2005, 01:56 AM
In some cases you might. Goodmark does not make all the panels, OER also produces a fair share of panels. I would call goodmark direct and ask them which panels may, or may not be improved. That is a good thought though as there surely is old stuff laying around.

woodman13
02-10-2005, 12:29 AM
I hit Super Chevy twice a year and buy all my panels for what ever project I am working. No shipping and buy from your choice of distributors that are going to be at the show(just call ahead to ensure they bring the stuff you are wanting). If you buy a cars worth of sheet metal, you can usually get a real good deal on what you buy. I have only seen a couple dudes out there selling low quality stuff.

I believe everyone under the IQ of 100 should wear orange jump suits....that way I would know not to listen to them and could keep them from getting hurt....lol

JMitch19
02-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Frank, I live in Grand Rapids,MI but I'm back and forth between Grand Rapids and Bay City all the time. Any help would be much apreciated.

Woodman that sounds like a good idea. The only problem is that the Super Chevy in our area isn't for 5 months. I need to get going on this project sooner than that if I want to make 06 Power Tour.

Thanks

Edit: Frank, My grandmother is in New Smyrna Beach, Fl for the winter depending on when we are going to bring her home maybe I can do some business with you. I'd rather give my money to someone on this board then someone I don't know.

woodman13
02-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Yeah, My current build is hopefully going on the 06 Power Tour also. Gives me a goal to shoot for that keeps me fired up.

Milow68
02-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Jason
These guys are out of Michigan and I have bought a lot of smaller parts and way happy with them.
http://www.npdlink.com/
Just my .02
Brad
PS saving on shipping will pay for extra panels :bananna2:

Taylor1969
02-24-2006, 12:10 PM
summitracing.com can get any part that goodmark makes...

I got left and right full floor patches and a trunk patch for under $225 shipped - From Ricks First gen I was looking at $275.

Every little bit counts

bretcopsey
02-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Goodmark lists their distributors here:

http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/retailcars.htm

63SW
02-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Since your in Grand rapids area , i would check NPD and just drive there to pick up parts yourself.

Im in South Bend IN and order from NPD on a weekly basis and i always get my parts the next day .
ORDERS OVER 300.00 is FREE SHIPPING ( does exclude truck freight items though )thats better than Year one , classic IND or anyone that i know of.
but its easy to hit 3 bills.

Also , theres a guy by the name of CLARENCE FREEMAN up in Michigan that will SOMETIMES DELIVER TO YOU .
its FREEMANS CAMARO PARTS.
Hes a friend and i have been buying from him for years.

we have 2 69s going right now.

1970cuda
02-25-2006, 08:05 AM
contact Jason at Sherman and associates
he is a great guy and will help you with everything.
They are in michigan also
[email protected]

BLWN1
11-20-2006, 09:11 PM
the best price I have found on goodmark products is from CPU muscle car parts. Their website is www.cpucarparts.com (http://www.cpucarparts.com)
their website isnt the best but thier prices make up for it.

Did you use the parts? Their prices seem really good.......

yortls6
11-21-2006, 10:48 AM
I will never order anything from Rick's again. I ordered left and right quarters. They sent me one OER and one Goodmark. I was then told I would have to pay $200 shipping to correct the problem. I wouldn't mind if they were identical but they have slight differences. I still haven't decided what to do.

I just don't understand why they would send quarter panels from different sources that are going on the same car. ???

fletcherscustoms
11-21-2006, 11:02 AM
I will not be beat!! Give me a try!!

Chad
www.fletcherscustoms.com

JMitch19
11-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Wow... Brought this thread back from the dead..

Ragtop68rs
11-22-2006, 06:03 AM
If your in the Grand Rapids area there is a guy in Wayland named Terry. TJ's camaro parts. His prices are the same as Ricks(sometimes a few bucks cheaper) and he is a great guy to deal with.(does not charge tax either). His number is 1-269-792-4149.

BLWN1
12-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Did you use the parts? Their prices seem really good.......

??????????