PDA

View Full Version : Two awesome new Forgeline designs

ProdigyCustoms
04-23-2008, 07:33 AM
So we took a couple of Forgeline's most popular wheels and threw a bit of a curve at them. Since Forgeline is one of a few companies that actually cuts, coats and builds their wheels in house, they have a unique ability to be able to chuck the wheel back in the CNC and diamond cut the edges after powder coat.

This is a ultra cool option on black or other dark colored wheels as super dark wheels have a tendency to turn into black holes at 20 feet. It is almost impossible to photograph a black wheel and capture the actual wheel style. Diamond cutting allows us to have a sinister black wheel, but the cut edges show off the character lines of the wheel. It also is a nice way to pull in minor trim on otherwise blacked out cars.

So I wondered what a SP3P would look like in black and fully diamond cut on Project Prodigy. Holy cow is it smokin hot. These are Prodigy's new wheels on the way back to us now

The second wheel I have been thinking about was the popular SO3P, diamond cut, but with a added character groove in the middle of the spoke. Georges Navy Flyer is the perfect candidate for this new wheel, and this one of George's wheels on the way to us also. This is also the same wheel we will run on Larry's MotiV8r. I personally LOVE the solid / split 5 spoke look. I have a set of these built in 19 X 8 and 18 X 10 built for sale.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
SP3P Diamond for Michael's Project Prodigy

SO3P groove for George's Navy Flyer

cheapthrillz
04-23-2008, 07:39 AM
WOW! Just by diamond Cutting the edges you get a completely new look. That SP3P looks killer!

GinoRin
04-23-2008, 07:49 AM
damn the S03P is really sharp. Just a little out of my budget, but I'm working on it :fingersx:

TonyL
04-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Looks very cool. Kinda reminds me of the fessler design but more subtle. Still very sick looking though. I love them!

DarkoNova
04-23-2008, 09:14 PM
WOW! Just by diamond Cutting the edges you get a completely new look. That SP3P looks killer!

Dear god, yes!!! :eek:

Matt

Forgeline 1
04-24-2008, 06:16 AM
Frank at Prodigy always keep us on our toes by constantly pushing the envelope in design and performance. We are honored to work with such an aggresive builder and forward thinker.
We hope you like the design and are very excited to get Project Prodigy wheeled up once more, as well as working on Franks new project.

Steve1968LS2
04-24-2008, 06:18 AM
Frank at Prodigy always keep us on our toes by constantly pushing the envelope in design and performance. We are honored to work with such an aggresive builder and forward thinker.
We hope you like the design and are very excited to get Project Prodigy wheeled up once more, as well as working on Franks new project.

Hey! Welcome to the site.. you KNOW I've always been a fan of your wheels. Love the new designs.

buddydog
04-24-2008, 02:52 PM
I've been on Lateral & Pro-Touring for about a year and haven't posted but I have to complement Frank @ Prodigy for not only having the best prices but also outstanding tech & customer service. I've been waiting for the perfect wheels to come along, Frank and Forgeline did it again. Check out the set that Frank just ordered for me:

18"/19" combo (rear w/5" lip and NO mini tub - all due to Frank's expertise). Frank is right on about diamond cut - it really adds a whole new dimension to the wheels. Thanks Frank and Forgeline!
p.s. can someone photo shop this wheel on a black 69 RS vert - it's going to be about 5 weeks before I can actually see these in person.

newbaa
04-24-2008, 07:03 PM
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :woot: :woot: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

HOLY WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! forget any other wheel i ever looked at. Damn those look good!!! hopefully with some investments that i've been able to be a part of i might have some money coming my way relatively soon and wheels like these will definitely be on the list!

seriously, those just blow me away. BEAUTIFUL.

1969CamaroRS
04-24-2008, 07:19 PM
18"/19" combo (rear w/5" lip and NO mini tub - all due to Frank's expertise).

What did those set you back?

ProdigyCustoms
04-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Diamond cut Wheels and Tire packages are in the mid $5k range depending on sizes and finishes.

Sir Don
04-25-2008, 05:03 AM
Good thing these cost more than I want to spend, but they are NICE. Other wise I'd be off trying to cancel my order. I was looking for a total black rim, and now this has changed my mind on that. Keep up the good work, congrats on making a killer rim!

BA.
04-25-2008, 01:37 PM
those are all sexy as hell! the diamond cut action is a winner. great job Frank and Forgeline!

Now somebody pop those bad boys into a Photoshop!!! :)

dropit69
04-25-2008, 04:28 PM
ahhhhh ....i want some but thats half what i paid for my 73..damn !!!!
they are sooo sweet looking though !!!!!!!!!!!!

buddydog
04-28-2008, 11:52 AM

Thank you to ALLKAR for photoshop the wheels (not my vehicle). It will be 2-3 years before I'll be able to change color from Leman Blue to Black. I think the wheel well chrome and rocker panel chrome need to go.

ProdigyCustoms
04-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Wow, simply awesome! I cannot wait for you to get your wheels

colt zantop
05-02-2008, 12:29 PM
wow...those do look killer!

buddydog
06-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Just received these from Frank @ Prodigy....Forgeline ZX3P 18"x8" (4.9 bs) w/245/40/18 and 19"x10" (3.9 bs) w/275/35/19.

Roadbuster
06-15-2008, 12:52 PM
I really like the SP3P Diamond! The diamond cut really sets off the flat finish!

Jon

ProdigyCustoms
06-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Those are crazy! Love it. When you get the car black, the wheels will be even more sick!

Congratulations.

thedugan
06-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Frank got any pictures of the new wheels on prodigy?

ProdigyCustoms
06-25-2008, 04:36 PM
I will this weekend at the Goodguys show. It is nuckinfuts I tell ya! I followed Michael to work in it today, I just love lookin at thet thing!

minendrews68
06-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Does anyone besides me like the late model Corvette wheel that looks somewhat like the SP3P? I saw one today on the local Chevrolet lot and really liked the wheels.