PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Alexander released...

newbaa
04-22-2008, 05:44 PM
I don't know what to say about this. It's sad to see him leave, but at the same time i almost think it was time for a change. The past two seasons have been poor... not even mediocre, just poor. The injuries he sustained weren't big ones, but they were big enough to severely hinder his performance.
I really liked the guy, I've even got an Alexander jersey. It won't be the same without him. I'll miss seeing him out there on the playing field in a Seahawks uniform.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjZRtkDCDginOwSd7mRQFchDubYF?slug=ap-seahawks-alexander&prov=ap&type=lgns

On the other hand, boy am i glad we signed Trufant and Tatupu to long term contracts. Trufant is really starting to show his skills and Tatupu has just been incredible since we drafted him.

69LT1Nova
04-23-2008, 07:28 AM
It was time to let him go. He was dogging it the last two years, and yeah, injuries suck but that's part of the game. Deal with it and hit the hole!! It didn't help that the o-line hasn't been making running lanes for Alexander - hopefully they get some attitude adjustment in training camp for the new crew.

I wonder who in the NFL is going to step up for Shaun's $4.5M/year contract. :ripped: He'll more than likely end up being a back-up for a Pop Warner semi-pro team.

Harsh words, I know. I'm a fan of Alexander, but not when he's dragging the team down with him.

And heck yeah, the D has been looking great. Now let's get some points on the board!!!