PDA

View Full Version : LS1 Swap in 68 cam. Is 00' AC setup junk or useful

John510
04-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Can I reuse any of my 2000 LS1 A/C parts if I plan on running a Vintage Air setup or can I sell my whole AC system?

Any brackets or anything I should save before I sell the AC system from the 2000 camaro?

My swap will be going into a 68 camaro.

thanks

Ollie8974
04-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Can I reuse any of my 2000 LS1 A/C parts if I plan on running a Vintage Air setup or can I sell my whole AC system?

Any brackets or anything I should save before I sell the AC system from the 2000 camaro?

thanks

I would not sell any of the 2000 Camaro AC Parts untill after you have installed the Vintage Air setup. you never know what bits and parts you can use untill you do the install.

LCAC_Man
05-16-2008, 05:59 AM

thanks
The vintage air setups use the same Sanden/Denso style compressor as the factory LS1 does. If the stock position of the compressor on the LS1 doesn't interfere with your engine swap plans I would use the LS1 stuff. Hose ends/lengths would change a bit but you'd probably want custom stuff anyways to get it to look good.

CarlC
05-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Len's got it. The stock frame will need to be notched to fit the compressor for f-body LS1 accessory drives.

LCAC_Man
05-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Len's got it. The stock frame will need to be notched to fit the compressor for f-body LS1 accessory drives.
Got some first hand knowledge on that do ya? Can't wait to see your new setup.

Steve68
05-22-2008, 09:38 AM
The vintage air setups use the same Sanden/Denso style compressor as the factory LS1 does. If the stock position of the compressor on the LS1 doesn't interfere with your engine swap plans I would use the LS1 stuff. Hose ends/lengths would change a bit but you'd probably want custom stuff anyways to get it to look good.

I thought you couldn't do that, both variable pressure systems???