PDA

View Full Version : Land Speed LS

cammerfe
04-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Hello All---
Just discovered Pro-Touring.com. I'll check in here periodically to see what's happening. I run my daily driver at Maxton, NC where the ECTA holds events through the summer. The ECTA has taken up the activities last run on the sand at Daytona, but on a WW2 airport, where we have 1.9 miles, with the last .9 being shutoff. We have reciprocity with the SCTA who operate the racing at Bonneville. I hold two one mile national records---E/F CC & E/F SS. We race under the name of Ben's Place Racing Team.

The car, an '02 Lincoln LS, is a daily driver with all features operational, plus a roll cage, fire system, and a belly pan. Suspension is being upgraded as necessary parts need replacing. Street/race rims and tires are Verde Kaos 18X8 in 245-45 ZR 18 Michelin Pilot P-2s.

I'm sure I'll have questions to ask, and I'm always open to answering questions as well.

KenS from Ben's Place

Damn True
04-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Let's see that belly pan.

Jim Nilsen
04-27-2008, 01:10 AM
Hi Ken, glad you like the place and hope to see what you are up to with aero tricks on your car.

:cheers:

NOT A TA
04-27-2008, 05:10 AM
Welcome Ken! I didn't get to Maxton last lear but hoping to this year after my cage is installed.

David Pozzi
04-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Welcome,
You mention a 1.9 mile course, but .9 is shutoff, but you have a 1 mile record? I guess you didn't post the approach length, how much approach do you have to get up to speed? Or is your 1 mile record from Bonneville?
Thanks, David