PDA

View Full Version : New member from Las Vegas

Billtvegas
04-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Hello guys

Im Bill from Las Vegas. I have a 65 Buick Rivera I am building. Going with the PT look. Its still pushing the 425 Nailhead. I would like to get a EFI set up for the car. Motor is fresh, tranny too. I am running 2" lower springs from Eaton & Kanter. Havent drivin her too much since shes back on the road. But I may end up on airbags? Anyone know a thing or 2 about Airbags or EFI for this cursed 1 year only car (in too many respects)

Thanks

Bill

insane1
04-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Hi Bill from Las Vegas, welcome.

I know a thing or two about air bags (doing custom air ride since 1995). Never done your year Buick, but have done alot of other cars. If you need some tech info I can help you out.

And how about some pics?

Insane1

Vegas69
04-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Welcome Bill

ProdigyCustoms
04-22-2008, 04:08 AM
Welcome abaord. We have a 65 project car but it has been back burner for a while. Fuel injecting it will require a complete custom set up and modified intake, but should be no big deal. We just need to come up with a electronic distributor. We can put together a Air Ride system.

Billtvegas
04-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the replies, I will post some pics this weekend when I get my car out of the garage. I just ordered some bozeforged 18's & 20's. need to get my back spacing figured out this weekend. What do you guys think about the new air ride Kit thing? all the compresser & tank in one housing? How about a rear disc brake kit?

insane1
04-22-2008, 10:39 PM
What air ride kit thing? There are several companys making air ride parts. Give me a name , and I will tell you what I know.

ProdigyCustoms
04-23-2008, 01:26 AM
He means the Air pod. Coolest thing ever. Will make installation a fast job. For rear disc you going to need to have the axle housing ends changed to something more user friendly like Big Ford, Chevy, I would do Big FOrd Torino ends.

Billtvegas
04-23-2008, 08:53 PM
He means the Air pod. Coolest thing ever. Will make installation a fast job. For rear disc you going to need to have the axle housing ends changed to something more user friendly like Big Ford, Chevy, I would do Big FOrd Torino ends.

Do you mean for the rear disc set up. Would it be a lot of work to do a 96 impala SS rear end? it still 5 on 5. Already ordered the wheels.