PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Wales!

dogsbody
04-20-2008, 02:37 AM
Hi folks, db here, over the pond in soggy windswept Wales. It doesn't always rain here but it seems like it at the moment!
I'm currently building a '66 Belvedere, as it's an ex- drag car it's more suited to pro-street so i went that way. I may regret that when i try to drive it around our narrow twisty roads but hey, my NEXT car....:drive1:

go-fish
04-20-2008, 08:00 AM
You know, I was just given the third degree from a lady friend from Wales that Wales is not England, England is not Great Britain, The English tried to breed out the Scottish........EVERYTHING. I am now on the right page.....I guess.

Good luck with the Mopar.

Procharmo
04-20-2008, 12:27 PM
I used to work in Wales and an old man told me the Welsh were the real British just as an Austrian will tell you the Austrians are the real Germans!!!!!:hah:

dogsbody
04-21-2008, 12:44 PM
We all like to think we're descended from the Celts who bravely battled the Romans then the English. We got sortof squeezed into the Western edges of Europe (France, England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland) where the rain and mountains made it to much bother for the invading armies to wipe us out completely so they built a bunch of castles to keep us quiet and left the few remaining black-haired, stocky, fighty Celts alone. And yes, we still hate the English!
F.Y.I. the U.K. is like the U.S. and consists of England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland (think of them as States)

go-fish
04-22-2008, 04:34 AM
Right. It was explained to me that the English are not British because they are Romans. And that is why birds from Wales is prettier. Tha Scottish girls too!

JEFFTATE
04-22-2008, 04:41 AM
I've always been told that my ancestors were from Scotland , by way of England.( I have no proof of this )

You know any Tates over there ?
Do you hate them ?
Are they English Dogs ?

Please don't hate me.
I need all the friends and accomplices I can get.
LOL !

jy211
04-22-2008, 05:08 AM
bahhhhh welcome! :wrc:

Lawrence
04-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey, I'm in Wales too, and its always raining!

Benoit23
04-22-2008, 06:01 PM
I wanna see some pics.....

:postpics:

dogsbody
04-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Sorry Benoit, camera won't work in the rain.
He he!
Where are you Lawrence? I'm near Colwyn Bay on the N coast.
Jeff- we chased you Tates over the border 3 centuries ago.

Kidding- we love you really!

The girls ARE pretty, but the sheep are prettier

Bigblue73
04-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Baaaaaaahhhhhhhh! Sheep

Welcome, Post up some photos when you get a chance.

dogsbody
04-24-2008, 01:47 AM
Here we have a couple of views of Snowdon. Might not be the biggest mountain you ever saw but it sure is purdy.
Then a couple of pics from me at work, One looking straight down from 350ft up a radio mast and one shot of us getting our 3.5 ton platform sunk in a field.
Oops

dogsbody
04-24-2008, 02:28 AM
Hmm, i was going to post some pics of my car but it says 'the sum of my attachments' is over my limit. Is this cos i've already posted pics on this thread? How do i post more?

lvrpool32
04-24-2008, 03:43 AM
Hi folks, db here, over the pond in soggy windswept Wales. It doesn't always rain here but it seems like it at the moment!
I'm currently building a '66 Belvedere, as it's an ex- drag car it's more suited to pro-street so i went that way. I may regret that when i try to drive it around our narrow twisty roads but hey, my NEXT car....:drive1:

Welcome...originally from Wrexham myself! Did a whole bunch of rallying in my younger days, Welsh Rally in particular, Great Orme is so much fun at 70mph!!

derekf
04-24-2008, 04:50 AM
Hmm, i was going to post some pics of my car but it says 'the sum of my attachments' is over my limit. Is this cos i've already posted pics on this thread? How do i post more?It's the sum of all the attachments you've ever posted -- you only get so much storage on the pro-touring server, you can go through and clean the attachments out of older posts, become a "site supporter" (basically buy more storage space and support the site at the same time), or host your pics on one of the free hosting places.

JEFFTATE
04-24-2008, 05:45 AM
Jeff- we chased you Tates over the border 3 centuries ago.

Kidding- we love you really!

Oh , ........... So that's what happened.

I really want to visit the Old Country someday.

dogsbody
04-25-2008, 03:52 AM
Hi lvrpool32! Bet you miss it eh! I've watched a couple of Orme rally events- hair-raising stuff. Used to bomb it round there on a bike, you try not to think of the drop over that dry-stone wall eh!