PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to pro touring

kc135r1960
04-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Good evening, I like what I am seeing. I have been looking for a new home to hang out at. My background is 29 years combined Air Force active duty, Air Force reserve and civil service. I have been wanting to transform my 05 F-150 using old school ideas but with all the electronics involved I have been put off.I really like the projects I am seeing with everyone at this site. I am depressed everytime I lift my hood and am confronted with....welll huge hurdles. The computer and electronics and a very high gross weight disadvantage.
My wish list
Major weight reduction
Edelbrock intake manifold allowing use of a Holley 4 barrel carb
Electronic brain
Complete interior redoo
Old school paint or perhapse flat black primer color
I bought a sacrificial instrument panel on Ebay as to find out how the circuit board is set up. Without doing much investigation I want to know if it is tied into the vehicle security system. I real want to do a major gauge package using as much of the OEM circuit board so that my idiot lights and odometer are saved. I would think that one could solder the new gauge wiring onto where the oem gauges are positioned. (MAJOR JOB??).
I think that with all the knowlege at this location I could get more info. Am I crazy or would this be a good project?
Thanks
Stu