PDA

View Full Version : 2004 GTO seats in a first gen??

MStennes
02-04-2005, 12:08 PM
I was looking at 04 GTO and just love the seats has anyone used these seats for their ride? If you have what problems did you have getting them to fit?
Thanks,
Mike

Steve1968LS2
02-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Getting them fit would not be the problem.. finding a set would be the problem.

1. they are from a limited production car so not many will be hitting the scrap yards.

2. they are VERY nice so there will not be many people upgrading the seats like in 4th gen f-bodies..

They are damn nice though.. those or the equally hard to get Viper seats would be nice..

patriot68
02-04-2005, 01:39 PM
theres a place in san antonio that has one set of GTO seats..he wants $1000 ...backs and fronts.the place is called High Performance Salvage..Phone # 210-649-2554...he only buys late model vettes, camaros, firebirds, and gto's..i bought my LS1 six speed from him...ask for Mark..tell him Scott from Patriot Transmissions said to call
Scott

MStennes
02-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Scott,
I will do that hope hes open on Saturday I want to get going on these. Ebay had a set go for 1200.00 the other day and I like them so much I have been thinking of bidding on the purple set on there now and having them recolored if possible or recovered. Thanks for all you help Scott.
Mike

patriot68
02-05-2005, 06:04 AM
im kicking myself for not waiting longer...i settled for some 02 trans am leather seats about 5 months ago...i was over at marks place last month and he had 2 or three sets of gto seats...oh well:)
if you bought some and had them recovered it would probably cost you another 1000 dollars..
Scott

Steve1968LS2
02-05-2005, 10:35 AM
im kicking myself for not waiting longer...i settled for some 02 trans am leather seats about 5 months ago...i was over at marks place last month and he had 2 or three sets of gto seats...oh well:)
if you bought some and had them recovered it would probably cost you another 1000 dollars..
Scott

Dang, considering how few GTO's are out there I am surprised how many seats are available.. $1200 is not a bad price, too bad they have the logo on them..

MStennes
02-05-2005, 11:58 AM
I know its spendy but the comfort and wow factor are worth it, all I need is a good sticher to do them in white leather.
Thanks for all your help guys!!!
Mike

Steve1968LS2
02-05-2005, 02:26 PM
I know its spendy but the comfort and wow factor are worth it, all I need is a good sticher to do them in white leather.
Thanks for all your help guys!!!
Mike

Yea, but once you recover them you will have paid close to the price of a set of Recaros. Too bad about the logo, maybe you could just have the one section replaced (assuming the seat in general is in good shape and the right color)

MStennes
02-08-2005, 10:20 AM
I know but I just loved everything about the Goat seats. They even have the fold mechanism in the best spot. Power adjustable to bad there black and I need white. But we'll see how they look before recovering. The GTO does have to go though. And they should be on their way today.
Mike