PDA

View Full Version : Larry C....Looking at Tony's book &.....

BADVELLE
02-04-2005, 11:12 AM
on your vbgarage post. What type of injection setup do you have? I really like the looks of the x-ram type intake. I want to run some type of injection, thinking the Holley 950, however I can't stop thinking about the old Kinsler type stacks or a set up like yours. Thanks, awesome engine. :eek: :eek:

hcar
02-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Check this out
http://www.twminduction.com/v8_kits/v8_kits.imgs/crossram_2.jpg
http://www.twminduction.com/v8_kits/v8_kits-FR.html

Larry Callahan
02-23-2005, 04:42 PM
The throttle bodies are from TWM, the intake is from Moon. TWM borrowed my entire system to reverse engineer and make linkage and what not but, I think it died after they made only 1 or 2? The demand was really low due to the cost. So, you won't see many of these. I had to do a some modifications to the manifold but it's nothing someone with access to a conventional mill could not do. If you call TWM ask for Hank first. If he can't help Gary the owner is a cool old chap. If you are serious and want to build one I can send you some drawings parts that will need to be made. It does have some problems that I will eventually fix by making my own manifold. I want to hide all the sensors, I want to put the injectors under the center e.t.c.

I do think it will have a problem that will never go away. The injectors are so far from the head it causes wetting and a bit of lag between the time the system makes an adjustment and the time that fuel makes it into the cylinder. But, a pair of turbos might help with that. lol

Fuelie Fan
02-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Basically, your injectors are as far away as they would be in throttle body system, so your accel enrich calibration will most likely use values reminiscient of a TBI calibration.

Also, having the injectors far away is not necessarily a bad thing. The largest reason for having the injector spray on the back of the valve is low rpm emissions/vaporization. At high RPM and high load, when the pulsewidth exceeds the intake closed duration, being away from the valve provides additional time for for the fuel to evaporate and mix with the charge. The elevated temperatures of a turbocharged engine's intake charge should actually help a litte with that vaporization process (though I would never advocate raising temps, you'll lose more power from reduced density and less spark advance than will gain from fuel mixing).

I used to have a sweet link to a renault F1 engine on a dyno, they were really ripping into it, and the injectors are actually way at outer edge of the intake trumpet firing inward, you could see the haze of excess fuel.