PDA

View Full Version : paxton question

nitrovette
02-04-2005, 08:32 AM
i just picked up an older paxton unit for my tpi ,i know its an older ball bearing style and im gone to freshen it up anyway.Do i need to run a blow off valve?I know if i do ill have it blow back in it since im running a maf setup.Also i got everything for the tpi setup to install it but is my combination ok with a 8lb pulley.Im not looking for a ton of extra power just something more then what i got.I got everything included for $500 with new pulleys and plate.

360 ci
kb hyper pistons-flat tops 2 valve reliefs-block decked at 10 in the hole
ported upper intake and lower intake and runners(stealth ram in the works)
24 lb motorsport injectors
sportsman 2 heads
1 3/4 hooker headers with 4 inch sidepipes
700r4-2100 stall
3.70 gears
zz4 cam
125 shot of nitrous
msd
255 walbro pump

paulk68
02-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Hi Nitro,
Do you have any pics of your car any where I am planning on painting my camaro electron blue and would love to see your car and are you happy with the color?
Thanks
Paul

nitrovette
02-04-2005, 10:34 AM
I love the color,im finishing repainting it again after a few mods to it,im at work but i can email you pics tonight or check out my webpage there might be some older pics before i changed a few things.

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/patsvette/

Fuelie Fan
02-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Sweet deal
I expect you'll have to step up injector sizes or get an FMU. HP goes up *roughly* linear with intake pressure increase. IE, a 50% increase in pressure (which is 7.5 psig) will yield roughly 50% more power. However, without a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, you'll still have the same delta P across the injector, so you won't get any increase in fuel flow rate.

How much boost you can safely run will depend on comp ratio, cam, and whether you have an intercooler. Camcojb will probably chime in on those issues.

I have heard that blow-off valves are more important in manual trans cars than in autos.

nitrovette
02-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Ok cool thanks,so even with my 24lb injectors ill either have to run a fmu or bigger injectors ?

FSTFBDY
02-05-2005, 08:25 AM
SVO 24's might be fine. Ive seen em run in e few cars into the 11.00 range.

Idono how much your into ecm tuning yourself but you can always re-pin your harness and run a 7749 sy/ty ecm and a 2bar map. and forget about needing a FMU and tune within the ecm.

nitrovette
02-05-2005, 08:55 AM
Well that would be good if i didnt have to get bigger injectors,i dont take the car to the track like i used too ,so maybe i can get by with the 24lb injectors.I really havent gotten into doing my own prom work,but my brother did for awhile before he stepped up to a 04 vette.Thanks guys

FSTFBDY
02-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Heres some good reading for ya. Esp if you can get some help from your brother in the tuning dept.

Also on TGO I belive Ive seen you post overe there.

http://www.speedtoys.com/~bort62/7749/Main.htm

nitrovette
02-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey thanks for the info,and yes i do post time to time over there.thanks again

FSTFBDY
02-05-2005, 01:07 PM
No problem.. Need ajny more info just ask.

Anything for a fellow gearhead!