PDA

View Full Version : Moving, when I hate being a car guy

rb70383
04-12-2008, 03:16 PM
If all goes well I will be transferring to Az. Being a car nut, I have some "project" cars that arent streetable. This makes renting harder than if I had a rapid pitbull. I joking said we should rent a warehouse with living quarters, and she said ok.:woot: Has anyone ever done this or know how to go about this? Is it even feasible? Not looking for a 20,000sq ft warehouse, well that would be nice. Maybe something around a 3000-4000sq ft area. I have seen some neighborhoods that are zoned as industrial or commercial and residential.

How have some of you guys moved and kept project cars? I could get rid of most of them but checking on what they want for new project cars...ouch! I already have these. I'm hoping to be moving in about year or so if all goes well.

LMDGUY
04-12-2008, 03:31 PM
what city in arizona are you looking to move into? I have a friend that might be able to help you..

vp23271
04-12-2008, 04:13 PM
I just moved from LA to Huntington Beach and a 3 car garage was at the top of my list. I don't know what your budget is, but maybe find a rental home with a 3 car garage. If you can find one with RV parking, that would be a bonus too. Good luck!

rb70383
04-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Phoenix

Yea RV parking would be a plus with a house rental. Not doing the apt thing again. When we rented that apt they said we couldnt park our Challenger there cause it looked run down. Granted it was rough, but a running driving car, that I used daily. I would be happy with a pop up travel trailer in a big warehouse. The wife, not so happy with that idea. LOL