PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone # lookup, who can help?

whytry
04-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I have someone who keeps calling me on my cell from a 408#, I an not sure who it is because they don't leave a message and are texting me with random crap. It starts with 408-355. Who has a hookup at Sprint, ATT, or Verizion who can lookup the # to see who the hell this is.

I have called back, but they have only the generic automated voicemail setup. Help please...

Tried 411.com but it says what I already know its a phone number based in the Los Gatos area.... to get more u pay 14.95 Most of the reverse phone directory sites u pay for to search.... Anybody have any ideas for me or better yet have someone they can call for me and check? I'll check if you can just get me a contact at any of the phone companies...

Damn True
04-10-2008, 01:42 PM
zabasearch

post the whole number and we can all flood the sob with calls

whytry
04-10-2008, 01:48 PM
I tried Zabasearch too, if you don't have the name it brings you to another site and then have to pay to get the info...

whytry
04-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Once I am sure it's not someone I know I will post the whole number and everybody could go to town calling whenever they want. But I want to make sure 1st..

Damn True
04-10-2008, 01:52 PM
http://www.freecellphonelookups.com/

some info here

whytry
04-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks for trying, that's the same info I already know, which isn't much beside the # is originally centered in Los Gatos area..... To get a name I need to pay again.

Damn True
04-10-2008, 02:01 PM
can your cell provider perhaps be of service?

whytry
04-10-2008, 02:09 PM
I was thinking about that, but they might only be able to help if its a ATT number...

Damn True
04-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Even if it isn't they usually can block it. If the text messages are obscene you can call the cops and they'll handle it.

vp23271
04-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Do not call the number back and do not text the number back.

Maybe someone has the wrong # in their address book and is accidentally calling and texting you ....

But a lot of scammers are "phishing" to find "live" numbers. If they know a warm body is at the other end of that phone number, your phone calls will increase. Your best bet is to have your phone company block the #.

Out of curiosity, did you recently change cell phone carriers and have your original # ported over?

dropit69
04-10-2008, 04:21 PM
ive had this happen and my cell phone provider blocked the calls or text somehow..not sure how but they did..but it worked

ITLBTU
04-11-2008, 09:09 AM
My wife had a similar problem. People were calling her and talking in Spanish. Obviously we are Americans and we speak English, so we could not find out what was going on. They would call at all hours, including 2,3 in the morning. When we tried calling back it would go to my wifes voice mail. It ended up that the person all of the Mexicans were calling had a number one digit off, and he had his phone set up to foward his calls to my wifes cell number, so when we tried to call his cell it went to her voicemail. Finally we called Nextel and they took off his call forwarding and it never happened again. We originally thought it was prank calls.

MonzaRacer
04-12-2008, 05:56 PM
www.411.com

Texas Bob
04-13-2008, 05:04 AM
In the state of IL, if the calls are harassing in nature then it's considered a Class B Misdemeanor. I've arrested one lady for it and was just looking at the statute a minute ago before coming on for shift. I know that doesn't help finding the number, but if and when you do there are in most cases legal ramifications. On the flip side, be forewarned it goes both ways though.

paul67
04-13-2008, 01:31 PM
We have something like that over here in the uk its a way the caller makes money when you ring that number.

David Pozzi
04-13-2008, 02:20 PM
I had repeated calls to my home at all hours, they had the right number except for the area code...

David

will69camaro
04-13-2008, 03:15 PM
If it's an ATT number, PM me the number and I'll have m friend who is a manager look it up if he can. I will let you know.

William

whytry
04-14-2008, 09:24 AM
If it's an ATT number, PM me the number and I'll have m friend who is a manager look it up if he can. I will let you know.

William

Thanks WIlliam, check PM's

Damn True
04-14-2008, 09:27 AM
I had repeated calls to my home at all hours, they had the right number except for the area code...

David

Woops, sorry bout that.:ssst:

will69camaro
04-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Sorry man it's not an AT&T number. I had my friend check it out and he cant get any info since it isn't. Maybe someone else can check into it if they know other cellphone service providers...If you know the number, just sign them up for something or post a bogus/unbelievable car ad on craigslist.

William

whytry
04-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks William, I found another guy who was able to check and its not a Verizion number either... Only one left is Sprint/nextel... unless there's one I'm missing...

JamesJ
04-16-2008, 09:10 PM
cricket, boost, and lots of small town ones