PDA

View Full Version : SEM Product Line

NvrDun71
04-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Looking at using SEM's urethane 2 part seam sealer and there Hot Rod Black kit on the firewall of my Nova project. Anybody have any experience w/ either? Any other comparable products that will duplicate the same reults/finish in a similar price range? Have considered DuPont's Hod Rod Black and DP90 also, but am somewhat leaning towards the SEM stuff.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks-

2Bad4Ya
04-09-2008, 05:33 PM
We use SEM sealers and have been happy so far.

ProdigyCustoms
04-09-2008, 06:04 PM
We use a lot of SEM products, a good friend of mine is probably one of the worlds foremost authorities on paint with 40+ years experiance, and he happens to be the Florida state rep for SEM. So I get plenty of test product, LOL!

The glues and seam sealers are the best, period. If you buy Wurth, the other best, guess what.........your buying SEM. Also SEM's trim black spray bombs, Self Etch spray bombs, high build spray bombs, are the bomb!

Also, SEM Carbo fill and No Swell are the absolute most awesome fillers on the planet. The Carbo Fill is carbon fiber reinforced spreadable filler, that will slice you like a razor if you try to clean a dried slice off your spreader. It gets hard and does not shrink. No Swell is just like Carbo Fill, without the carbon fiber filler. We basically totally rebodied the Prodigy Vette with the entire front clip, Quarters, rear body panel. After a year we had ZERO shrinkage or seperation, which for a Vette is a minor miracle

Duesey2
04-09-2008, 06:29 PM
I use the sem hot rod black on firewalls,frames, chassis parts. I really like the stuff and it's consistent. I had good luck with flatteners in acrylic enamel but I like this stuff better. I used dupont hot hues for a couple years but have replaced it with the sem due to similar properties and half the price.

NvrDun71
04-09-2008, 06:43 PM
You guys rock, appreciate all the feedback. You guys made my decision process that much easier

Frank appreciate the extended response and all the great help and info today via phone. You guys at Prodigy are class acts, and a great asset to the hot rod community

SSTuner
04-10-2008, 03:12 AM
Is the SEM "Hot Rod Black Kit" be a good option in painting a media blasted frame?

What about fuel resistance?