PDA

View Full Version : Heater blower motor doesnt turn on, where to start?

Shawn MacAnanny
04-06-2008, 06:42 AM
I really havent tried anything other than turning it on with the dash switch so i'm figured it has to be related to wiring/switch. I was wondering where the actual wires to the motor are so i can directly wire to it to see if the blower motor is good. Any ideas?

Jim Nilsen
04-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Check for a bad fuse

Bones43x
04-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Step 1) Check fuse

Shawn MacAnanny
04-08-2008, 12:59 PM
eh the fuse block is kind of not where i wanted to start as its kind of botched up being just about the entire car i've rewired to run from toggle switches. I was more curious about where the wires to the heater blower motor ar haha.

Damn True
04-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Get busy with the multimeter lad.

CarlC
04-08-2008, 06:20 PM
They are attached to the blower motor under the RH aft fender.

JEFFTATE
04-09-2008, 01:16 PM
I really havent tried anything other than turning it on with the dash switch so i'm figured it has to be related to wiring/switch. I was wondering where the actual wires to the motor are so i can directly wire to it to see if the blower motor is good. Any ideas?

Which vehicle ?
You've got three listed.

Camaro , Firebird , and Duramax Truck.

Shawn MacAnanny
04-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Oh I'm sorry, the 68 Firebird. I put a new heater core in it and i only saw one wiring going to where the blower motor went. Should there be two or does it ground through the body? I really havent paid much attention as i was more concerned with wiring the engine and such until now.

So there should be how many wires going to the blower?
The wires go to the switch panel in the dash from there?
The switch pannel is fed from the fuse pannel correct?