PDA

View Full Version : Will a 98 Z28 Power booster work in 68 Maro?

John510
04-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Can I somehow put in the power booster and clutch cylinder from a 98 camaro into a 68 camaro>?

I can get a complete totalled car for a good deal and was wondering what is transferrable

MrQuick
04-04-2008, 08:25 PM
yes, it can be used but it takes a bit of work. https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37217

John510
04-05-2008, 11:20 AM
cool thanks!

jbirdcamaro
04-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Does Any Body Know If The Rear Brake Off Of A Third Gen Or Forth Gen Camaro Fit A 68 Camaro. I Think It Does But Not 100% Sure.

MrQuick
04-06-2008, 10:11 PM
yes both will fit but the only 3rd gen rear brake worth a poop is the 1LE. You will need 2 left sides from the 4th gen unless you in board the shocks.

Midnight68
04-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Actually the 4th gens will work without moving the shocks inboard, you just need to adjust the shock mount on the drivers side. If you mount the brackets and calipers on opposite sides the e-brake cable pulls to the front.
Also another option rather than cutting the firewall for the booster is to push the old studs out of the 4th gen booster and then weld some tabs on the booster and drill 4 holes so that the original studs fit, and the pushrod for the booster lines up in the center of the original hole. This also helps to rasie the booster to give extra engine clearance, my LS2 wouldn't fit if my booster wasnt raised that little bit.

willih6996
04-09-2008, 04:03 AM
Actually the 4th gens will work without moving the shocks inboard, you just need to adjust the shock mount on the drivers side. If you mount the brackets and calipers on opposite sides the e-brake cable pulls to the front.
Also another option rather than cutting the firewall for the booster is to push the old studs out of the 4th gen booster and then weld some tabs on the booster and drill 4 holes so that the original studs fit, and the pushrod for the booster lines up in the center of the original hole. This also helps to rasie the booster to give extra engine clearance, my LS2 wouldn't fit if my booster wasnt raised that little bit.
Do you happen to have any pics of the install or of the tabs that you set up on the booster. Maybe some pics of the rear shock adjustment also. That would be very helpfull. Thanks