PDA

View Full Version : baer trac question

dmundell
02-03-2005, 06:58 AM
New Guy!
I just bought a baer track system for my 68 RS. My question is can I use the drum brake spindel? I also wanted to lower the car. Should I do this by cutting the springs,if so how much do I cut to get a 2" drop. Or should I buy 2" dropped spindels. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Happyfunballs
02-04-2005, 06:20 AM
You best bet would be to call Baer directly and talk with a tech guy. I don't think you can use the drum spindles. I think they need to be the 69 disc spindles at least....something to do with the champfers/lengths on the spindle itself, I think. If you do a little reading, you'll find that some of these guys don't prefer to do the dropped spindles. I happen to have a 67 RS with a track kit with 2" dropped spindles on the front of mine. I don't have it all together so I can't help diagnose any problems. Whatever you do, don't cut the coils. You can buy a 2" drop spring from Jegs.

USAZR1
02-04-2005, 11:08 PM
New Guy!
I just bought a Baer Track system for my 68 RS. My question is can I use the drum brake spindel? I also wanted to lower the car. Should I do this by cutting the springs,if so how much do I cut to get a 2" drop. Or should I buy 2" dropped spindels. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Is your Track kit for drum brake or disc brake spindles? What's the part number of your kit? They do make both.
As for cutting springs or using dropped spindles,I wouldn't do either. Buy some 2" drop springs from Coil Spring Specialties,instead.
http://www.coilsprings.com/

dmundell
02-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks for your help! I called Baer and apparently I can use the drum spindles.As for cutting the springs or buying 2" dropped spindles,I will take your advice and buy new springs.

Again thank you very much for the input.