PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass Cowl Induction Hood

TopRat
03-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Who makes the best bolt on cowl induction hood for a second Gen Camaro...cost not being the option? Looking for the best bolt on cowl hood.

Thanks, Alex

Jim Nilsen
03-31-2008, 05:23 AM
I think you are going to feel like you just had an ANVIL dropped on you :cheers:

Price is no object, Right? define Best ?

If not VFN is a good place to start !

scogin918
03-31-2008, 10:04 AM
2nd on VFN. Fit out of the box is closer than anybody else's.

TopRat
03-31-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll give VFN a try. As far as "Best" I'm looking for quality, strength and fit, a cheap hood will cost you more in the body shop making it fit than just paying for quality up front.

Now about the ANVIL...too late already had that yesterday...putting "20mph" around the block to warm up the oil fo a change and no hood pins in...are you feeling me here? rogue gust of wind and yes...blew my current hood right off the hinge attachments and off the car. Talk about feeling stupid....I would love to find someone building a carbon fiber hood and leaving the c/f visible in the rally stripe area of the hood visible....my 70 is Yellow with black rally stripes.
Lesson learned....now for a new hood.

Later.....

Yenkostyle
04-03-2008, 09:47 AM
have you checked with Anvil to see if they are going to build one for second gens? Some reason I thought they had something in the works?

manicmechanic
04-05-2008, 05:59 AM
Now about the ANVIL...too late already had that yesterday...putting "20mph" around the block to warm up the oil fo a change and no hood pins in...are you feeling me here? rogue gust of wind and yes...blew my current hood right off the hinge attachments and off the car. Talk about feeling stupid.....

Dam, I thought I was the only one to do this! not once but twice :hand: :hand: To prevent this from happening again here are a couple of suggestions:
Install small springs on the hood pins to keep the hood up when not pinned to help you see that it isn't and since you have to physically push the hood shut to pin it lessens the chance that you'll leave it unpinned.

Install a pin switch to a dash mounted led that shows the hood isn't closed (works with the springs mentioned above) all the way. 2nd gen Camaros hoods are hard to see if there pinned or not.

Last option is the hood latch usable hoods, several vendors make them.