PDA

View Full Version : New Guy sayin Hi !

63SW
02-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Wanted to say hello all and i think you have a excellent site here .
Hope to get to know you and learn as much as i can to help further my projects which are to many to begin with.

Ive already gotten help from another post concerning tig welding so thanks.

JC

Bill Howell
02-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Welcome aboard JC. Great site to learn and share on. Am I right in guessing you are building a 63 wagon?

63SW
02-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Hey Bill , thanks for the welcome.

Actually , im in the process of building a 69 camaro convertable to take on the Power tour this year ( nothing crazy though)
its on a rotisserie in my garage at this time.

The 63SW is in reference to my MAIN car 1963 Splitwindow Coupe
40K original mile 327-340hp 4 speed with real Knock-off wheels.

i also have a couple other toys in different stages from done to waiting.

Done is my 72 camaro Street /strip. 406sb @618hp
In progress i have a 1973 Tube chassis Vega wagon with a 510BBc topped off with 8-71 Weiand that has pulled 1200hp with 16lbs of boost but have lowered it to 3lbs for hopefull street use @846.2hp.

AND LASTLY and possibly my Pro Touring project , i have a Aftermarket 63 Split window Body and a Tube chassis waiting for me to learn how to TIG weld so i can do it Justice..

BUT NO WAGONS at this time LOL.

Bill Howell
02-02-2005, 04:53 PM
:pat: 63 split window :worship:
I call that factory pro-touring :icon996:
Sounds like you got lots of toys!
What are the plans as far as motor on the new vette body? It would be neat to dress it up like the other vette, cruise in the original, race the new one and everyone think they were the same vehicle.

63SW
02-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Actually , i havent got that far yet so the whole thing is up for anything.

Right now i have the Body and a new 2x3 tube chassi set up with tube a arms and a flamming river rack and 4 link out back and thats where its at.
I have it put up on a loft in my pole building till i can get to it sometime in the spring or this summer.

I took the origianl on the Power Tour in 2003 from Knoxville all the way to Texas , FIRST TIME ON A POWER TOUR , i loved it but learned a lot of DO's and DONTS.
It ended up in Corvette Fever mag and the did a little note on my Mom and Dad whom i had just lost prior to that.
6 weeks apart - just a bad coincedence.

The Power Tour was my getaway and it kind of brought me back to life.

Ralph LoGrasso
02-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the site, JC.

derekf
02-03-2005, 07:43 AM
Welcome aboard, JC. We're glad to have you.
You probably know already that someone's going to demand pictures, or even worse break out the pictures smiley - if you've got pics, please post them, we'd love to see them.

Piet
02-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Welcome.
its on a rotisserie in your garage at this time and you plan on taking it on the Power tour this year .... :worship:

63SW
02-03-2005, 10:12 AM
I have Pictures but not sure how to post them on here .

any tips ?
I dont have a web site !
just Jpeg form.

I'll try to get a link with some on it.

Hey Piet . Yep , i gots a long way to go but i think i can do it . :hammer:
Im taking the front subframe , all related parts and some misc. parts to the blaster tomorrow at 8 am .
I ordered all related parts for rebuilding the subframe and brake /fuel lines , so on.
I just picked up my Heads for the BB yesterday .

I have to do Body work and Paint , Finish rebuilding the 461BBC , All suspenssion , Interior , new top , and all the other "littleThings" befor the middle of may so i have a few "TEST DAYS " to drive...

This is Basiclly a stock resto , at this time but i my try to ad as i go.

IF IT WORKS .
the first is my orig 63 split window with 40K miles.
the 2nd is my 72 Camaro 618hp 406 plus has a 400hp kit on it and is my street car.
the 3rd is the new 510Blown BBC waiting to go in my vega or the 72 camaro. it dynod at 846.2hp with 3lbs boost and 1200+ at 16lbs.
and the 4th is the 69 camaro convert in the garage at this time...

63SW
02-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Well , since that worked , heres a few more.
hope you dont mind

the 1st is the 69 convert as i got it in october.
then another on the rotissery.
and the last is of my 57 chevy and 67 lemans which i just sold both to fund the 69 and the vega wagon.