PDA

View Full Version : This one will make you laugh til it hurts

workbenchracer
08-19-2004, 04:28 PM
I love to tell this story because its pretty dang funny. As a matter of fact I'm laughing right now thinking about it. Here it goes-

This takes place during my college years. A friend of mine named Dan and I had a job working for one of my relatives. The job had us putting together those seats you can rent at stadiums so you don't have to sit on the bleachers. The cushions would arrive in a stack about 3ft high that were held together with a small strip of cloth. Dan untied the cloth and wrapped it around his head to make a head band with long tails. After we finished and were leaving Dan took the cloth strip and tied it around the antenna on his car. Obviously this thing would string out over 3ft going down the road. We stopped at a gas so Dan could fill up his car and get his free car wash. Dan drives the car into the wash and the brushes start doing their work. The big brush starts to wash the top of the hood and up the windshield. Well this big brush gets hold of that cloth strip and proceeds to rip the antenna right out of the fender. This things starts whipping around beating the crap out of his car. Dan starts hollering and puts the car in gear and floors it. But those car washes have those wheels stops so the car is sitting there spinning and smoking the right front tire. Finally we get over the stop and shoot out of there like a rocket. I was cracking up so hard my stomach hurt. This was not a nice car, it was a typical POS college car so the damage didn't break his heart.

I laugh outload every time I tell this story and barley get through it. Sorry for the length but I think you'll find it worth it.

TonyL
08-19-2004, 05:03 PM
:lol: and dammit we need a OWNED smiley!

Drewhelm
08-20-2004, 09:55 AM
LMAO that was good. :icon996:

34X2Camaro
08-20-2004, 11:56 PM
I would have paid money to see that one.

justanova
08-21-2004, 10:02 AM
:hah: :hah: :hah: :hammer: :hammer: :wrc: :lmao:

CAMAROBOY69
10-20-2005, 07:26 AM
:lmao: lol that would be hilarious to see. Tire smoke pouring out while the antenna is beating the heck out of the car.
I wonder if they got the antenna out of the brushes before the next guy pulled in?? :dunno: :doh:

landyacht67
10-22-2005, 12:16 PM
We used to have a car wash by my house growing up. The locals all called it "the crusher" It was known to tear off side mirrors on a regular basis and then slam them all the way down the side of your car. the best part was the sign at the EXIT of the carwassh saying "We are not responsible for damage to your vehicle - use at own risk"

Andrew McBride
10-22-2005, 04:32 PM
that is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. When I was 4-5 years old I remember going through the old style car washes with the giant wheel that came down and cleaned the windshield, for some reason the bar hit the windshield and shattered the glass. I didn't want to go into a drive through car wash till I was like 10.