PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood Internal e-brake cable routing

GeoffP
03-24-2008, 10:10 AM
I have already searched high and low for a picture of the driver's side e-brake cable routing, using Wilwood's 12.19" brake kit with the internal drum type e-brake. I have had no luck at all finding a picture of what I thought would be a common setup. I am looking for a picture of the mounting plate/flange from the back side to see how a Lokar Ford Explorer e-brake cable should be routed around the axle.

Thanks!!

protour73
03-24-2008, 11:31 AM
look at the pics in post #2
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70002&highlight=wilwood+ebrake

parsonsj
03-24-2008, 12:04 PM
I have to admit, I've never really gotten my Wilwood/Lokar e-brake setup to work very well. I'm checking out the pics too.

jp

parsonsj
03-24-2008, 02:19 PM
I just adjusted mine again. I get some action on the brakes, so that I can't move the car. But it takes a real man to set and release the brake. Should it take such effort?

jp

ProdigyCustoms
03-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Most of these guys are tying into the factory pedal, so they have a little advantage with their big strong legs over your arm!

Payton King
03-25-2008, 11:56 AM
lokar cables and lokar hand brake. I have messed with it a lot and have about decided there is not enough throw in the hand brake to get good engagement on the brakes...and the handle is so short there is not enough leverage as Frank stated. I have thought about going to a foot brake, but my down bars will be in the way. I guess I will have to bring a brick or 2 with me where ever I go. LOL

TheRoaringEagle
03-25-2008, 01:25 PM
i too have used the lokar e-brake hand lever. i'm going to revert back to the original style e-brake on my camaro. i like my tunnel to be clean now, especially since the lever never really worked. in fact i broke part of it trying to engage it. oh well... it LOOKS nice.

GeoffP
03-27-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm setting mine up using OE replacement cables all the way back to where the would normally tie into the factory cables at the rear frame brackets. The Lokar cables will run from the frame brackets to each wheel. This is where I'm not 100% sure how to run them. I would sure love to see a picture from the inside looking at the back side of the parking brake assembly on the driver's side. It would really help me to figure this out with how I want to set mine up.