PDA

View Full Version : New guy here.....and my car

kenmo
03-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Wanted to introduce myself and my car to the board....picked up a 1973 Challenger last week and have plans to make it a nice pro touring car over the next year or two as funds allow it....

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/03/pictures199-1.jpg

Very excited about this project....hoping to make her into a nice cruiser with the help of this board, I'm sure.

Smock67
03-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Wow looks like you have a good foundation to start with. What are your plans for it?

Daveman2
03-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Clean ass hell, should turn out nice.

kenmo
03-24-2008, 10:30 AM
At this point I really just want to go over the car and get everything as "reliable" as possible....ie fix all leaks, make sure wiring is up to par, try to quiet down the rattles on the interior.

Fix both rear quarter panels and slap a descent paint job on it.

From there, I'll put some wheels on it and drive :) Suspension mods and engine mods will come with time and funds after that.

So, long story short, I want a reliable cruiser with some character.

**And thanks for the kind words!!

cheapthrillz
03-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Keeping it yellow? I like the yellow... tint the windows and throw some black wheels on it.... that'd look bad ass...

kenmo
03-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Was actually thinking silver/charcoal with a flat black hood....black wheels with polished lip. Want to shave the corner lights and delete the rear spoiler.

That's a long ways off though....until then she'll be rollin yellow :) Agreed....some tint is in the near future.