PDA

View Full Version : lt1 question

lt1chevelle
03-23-2008, 02:53 PM
ok if i get on the car and then let off it wants to ideal down low and then wants to like sputter? what could be causing this? some times it wants to pop and back fire.i have the car running on a mail order tune from pcmforless so everything should be tuned right.... well i hope any info would be grate

Samckitt
03-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Seems like I remember reading at one time that on some occasions (if everything adds up correctly), on deceleration, the computer will cut off opening of the fuel injectors until the car slows down to a certain speed.

Could that be causing some of it?

Lawrence
03-24-2008, 12:30 AM
What idle RPM do you get? Does it idle smoothly? Do you know what fuel pressure you have?

lt1chevelle
03-24-2008, 12:55 PM
it is set at 900RPMS. i took the iac out and it was all gumed up and i also noticed i did not have the vacumm line pluged that is on the intake under the TB. after pluging it up and cleaning the IAC it fired right up and idled nice and smooth. i need to look at the fuel pressure but it was last set at 45psi

Lawrence
03-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Is it any better after you get on it now?

lt1chevelle
03-25-2008, 08:36 PM
still a little, but a improvement. when i can affored a TPS,IAC sensors i am going to get them. the ones now have 40,000 miles on them and had been sitting for like 3 years. but like i said befor when i would first go start it i would have to kepp reving it like a carb motor but now just turn the key and it will idle perfect