PDA

View Full Version : March 30: Cruise the Crest Breakfast Club

CarlC
03-22-2008, 04:49 PM
It's time again to terrorize the Angeles Crest Highway, have a great breakfast, and spend some time bench racing with a bunch of fellow gearheads.

As before we will be meeting at the Shell station at the Angeles Crest Highway exit off the 210 freeway at 6:30am. The 27-mile winding-road drive is a thrill (if you want it to be,) as are the scenic views and the great food at Newcomb's Ranch. Bring any car you want. Heck, don't bring a car at all and hitch a ride with one of the others. I'm hitching since my car is in a coma.

The early hour is so that we won't be blinded by the rising sun. It will make for a great morning.

CarlC
03-29-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm out guys. One of my boys decieded to share the latest fever-making creepy crud with me.

Sorry. Next time.

Mkelcy
03-29-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm out guys. One of my boys decieded to share the latest fever-making creepy crud with me.

Sorry. Next time.

Sorry to hear that Carl, but it may be just as well. The weather report for tomorrow is 62 degrees and rain. I'm not sure I want to wait until the moring to make the call, so I'm out too.

It's too bad because I did a 9 hour thrash on the car today - changed out fuel rails, replaced a portion of and rerouted supply and return lines for EFI, relocated coil, rerouted spark plug wires, changed out valve covers - all in the name of (1) trying to clean up the area behind the passenger side head so I can track down this cursed oil leak and (2) trying to get the coil away from the EFI wiring harness. LOL, I had so much passing between the fire wall and the rear of the passenger side head, I could barely get the valve cover off. I've also been getting some REALLY strange datalogs for the Commander 950, which I'm hoping was partly caused by the EFI wiring harness being right next to the coil. I hope I made some progress today.