PDA

View Full Version : '68 Camaro header question...

minendrews68
03-20-2008, 06:13 PM
I feel that this question has been asked before, but I can't find my situation. I have a '68 Camaro, stock power steering, original manual clutch, and Dart angle plug heads, on a sbc. I find one header that fits all but the manual clutch, then one that won't fit the angle plug heads, etc. Does anyone know of a company that has it all? I have tried Sanderson and they're suppose to let me know tomorrow. I don't know too much about them though. Hooker says they have a set but really pricey since they're not in their normal set of headers. And after reading some of your responses in this forum the Hooker's doesn't seem to fair to well. Any ideas?
Thanks

smhigh
03-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Sanderson is a fantastic company. I would highly recommend them.

They build a quality header and are great to work with.

HILROD
03-20-2008, 07:43 PM
If you search around there have been a bunch of info and pics posted about this. That said, I'd look into Dougs or Thorley headers. They fit great and should have what you need.

minendrews68
03-22-2008, 04:54 PM
I've looked at pictures of the Sanderson headers it looks like the collector would come down on top of the cross frame, does this present a problem?

chicane67
03-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Thorley's... works great with every thing you stated. Not to mention the fit is second to none.