PDA

View Full Version : Black Anodized!

Steve Chryssos
03-18-2008, 11:34 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
Black is beautiful. 2008 will be all about the black anodized look! It's what all the cool kids are doing. :naughty: And for good reason. Black anodizing looks hot. Some folks feel it yields a more OE look. Others think it looks more hardcore. Either way, these billet core support bars are in stock and ready for immediate shipment with stainless steel hardware. Price is $179.95 per pair. Also in stock are black ano paddle shifters. More black parts coming soon. Our regular brushed finish is still available.

More News: Check out Twist's fancy new website with secure online ordering. www.twistmachine.com (http://www.twistmachine.com)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

cheapthrillz
03-18-2008, 11:42 AM
I love black! It's so clean.... and not flashy (which is sometimes a good thing!)

Those look awesome. I have a feeling you will sell a lot of them!

Good luck!

parsonsj
03-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Lovely stuff!

Always bet on black. :)

jp

protour73
03-18-2008, 11:59 AM
dammit Steve.................now what do I do with my brushed ones??? those are AWESOME!!!

cheapthrillz
03-18-2008, 12:14 PM
dammit Steve.................now what do I do with my brushed ones??? those are AWESOME!!!

Get them anodized black!!!!!! I mean, if you want to be cool like Steve! Only cool kids anodize it black! (said like something billy madison would say (you know.... adam sandler for all of the old guys that don't watch tv)).

Steve Chryssos
03-18-2008, 01:34 PM

Oof! I hate it when that happens. It was my biggest fear when introducing the black versions. If you haven't installed them yet, I'll be happy to take them back.

-OR-

Now that we have a solid protocol for anodizing, round up a pile of billet parts and send them to me. I can generally anodize a "Lot" of parts for around $200. Everything will be consistently colored and the quality is amazing. Everything gets returned individually wrapped.

Steve1968LS2
03-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Sweet!

Man.. those are sooooo nice... :drool:

BigVin
03-19-2008, 01:54 AM
Steve post pic of black paddle shifter.

Magntik
03-19-2008, 06:06 AM
How does that finish hold up?
Not familiar with it, but those I like.:worship:

Vegas69
03-19-2008, 06:27 AM
You can bet on getting in my shorts for $159 one of these days.

protour73
03-19-2008, 06:43 AM
Oof! I hate it when that happens. It was my biggest fear when introducing the black versions. If you haven't installed them yet, I'll be happy to take them back.

-OR-

Now that we have a solid protocol for anodizing, round up a pile of billet parts and send them to me. I can generally anodize a "Lot" of parts for around $200. Everything will be consistently colored and the quality is amazing. Everything gets returned individually wrapped.

Steve.....too late...........but thanks for the offer!!! I am still satisfied with them!!!

MuscleRodz
03-19-2008, 07:24 AM
How does that finish hold up?
Not familiar with it, but those I like.:worship:It is a hardened surface coating that will protect the aluminum from corroding. Excellent durability similar to steel plating except for aluminum.

parsonsj
03-19-2008, 07:33 AM
I love black anodizing. I have tons of it on my car. It is very hard, and will stand up to significant abuse.

However, since the underlying metal is aluminum, it will scratch. It will also fade due to direct sun. As long as you care of the part, and don't park your car outside with the hood up all summer, it should last forever.

jp

ps. One other benefit of black anodizing: if you do scratch it, you can fix the scratch with a black Sharpie. Works great. :)

Damn True
03-19-2008, 08:19 AM
....and here I was all ready to stick with the black steel tubes.

Damn you Steve Chryssos, damn you.

Steve Chryssos
03-19-2008, 10:54 AM
....said like something billy madison would say (you know.... adam sandler for all of the old guys that don't watch tv)).

That's me in a punk rock sorta way.

As for anodizing, ours is highly resistant to scratching but not impervious. While researching anodizing we abused various samples to determine scratch resistance. The process was very scientific: Throw samples across the room; scratch with fingernail; drive over with car; etc. We were impressed. We pretty much had to physically scratch the sample with a tool to damage the surface. The secret is the amount of "cook" time that we specify. There is such thing as crappy anodizing where the parts are cooked for only a short period of time. Looks good, but doesn't last very long. But order up medium well to well done and the surface is quite hard.

We've been promised high UV resistance which relates to the type of dye specified. Some of the organic dyes will age quickly when exposed to sunlight. Time will tell. It is also important to keep anodized parts clean with normal dish soap and water. Rinse thoroughly after cleaning.

Brushed parts are still advantageous since they can be easily touched up with scotchbrite and cleaned with Windex.

Steve Chryssos
03-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Steve post pic of black paddle shifter.

Will do.

Ricter
03-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Silly question: So aside from look a TON better than the stock tubes, do these parts provide any other benefit?

Steve Chryssos
03-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Not really. The stock bars work pretty well and are fairly lightweight. The weight savings is negligible. Probably the best benefit is that they match other ProStyle accessories in our product line to help you carry a consistent theme throughout the car.

cheapthrillz
03-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Not really. The stock bars work pretty well and are fairly lightweight. The weight savings is negligible. Probably the best benefit is that they match other ProStyle accessories in our product line to help you carry a consistent theme throughout the car.

=
They're just cool!!!!

newbaa
03-31-2008, 09:47 PM
pretty sure you need to start makin some freakin awesome stuff like that for 70 Chevelles!:naughty: :fingersx::hail:

i would so buy some of that stuff when i have the money, and when my car is at that stage :lmao:

Four40cuda
04-02-2008, 11:06 AM
nice

Young Gun
04-02-2008, 03:46 PM
damn son! looks look incredible!

BLWN1
04-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Can weld prostars be partially "anodized'? Im not sure on the process or cost....? is this an option?

Steve Chryssos
04-04-2008, 03:48 AM
Anodizing is a chemical "dipping" process. So partial coverage does not work very well. Masking is usually only used to prevent build-up in contact surfaces. For partial coating, powdercoating with masks is the preferred method.

Steve Chryssos
04-04-2008, 04:33 AM
pretty sure you need to start makin some freakin awesome stuff like that for 70 Chevelles!:naughty: :fingersx::hail:.....

We hear ya'. Coming up, we're concentrating on stuff that is not vehicle specific so that everyone can have some.

Thanks for looking

BMF Machine
04-04-2008, 03:20 PM
NicE StevE! ReaL NicE!

Steve68
04-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm digging it!!!

protour73
04-08-2008, 01:34 PM

-OR-

I guess the brushed, look pretty good in there!!! I'll keep them.....................
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/04/RestorationFinalPart001-1.jpg