PDA

View Full Version : Tubs in a 65 Chevelle....?

41565 chevelle
03-16-2008, 06:20 PM
I am trying to replace the inner and outer wheel houses with a tub kit. My goal is to get a 20"x10" wheel back there without cutting the already powdercoated frame. I have a tub kit that I picked up from a local shop for cheap.

My question is this; Anyone done this in the 65 A-body? Products used? Problems that you ran into? I have replaced the floors, pan above the rear axle, trunk and all the mounts. My goal was to do the tub and not an outer wheel house, just getting the tub to meet up with the quarter panel when that is replaced as well. Any help would be much appriciated!!!

And for those that missed it, Bad Penny was bad a** at the Goodguys show this weekend, my kid loved it!

ProdigyCustoms
03-16-2008, 07:48 PM
We did Bills GTO. All we did was add a 3" strip to his inner for 345 tire clearance which DID require sqeezing the frame rails

beadblaster
03-19-2008, 09:56 AM
I did a mini tub on a 64 chevelle. I removed the inner half of the stock tub and added 2 inches and welded it back in. A 2 inch mini tub allows for a 315/35/17 tire on 17/11 rims. You have to narrow the frame 2 inches per side to get it to fit as well as relocate the lower control arm on the rear end. I also narrowed the rear end 2 inches. Doing it this way also allows you to use your stock rear seat without any allterations.

41565 chevelle
03-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Did you just cut the frame where the wheel is and notch it or narrow the whole thing?